Due to an internal promotion, we are looking for an Accountant who will be based out of DarkVision’s head office in North Vancouver, Canada. This role will assist in the ongoing upkeep of our accounting and finances.
The successful candidate will play an integral part in handling the data and processes that keep DarkVision’s accounts and finances humming, and close out the financial period each month. This is a great opportunity for a junior to intermediate Accountant to join an exciting, growing technology company.
Solid interpersonal skills will be required as you will be frequently interacting with our engineers, many of whom prefer a different sort of math and find paperwork irritating. If you’re awesome, expect to be involved in financial, business, and management reporting before long.
- Accounting Functions: You will be responsible for learning and managing our AP (QuickBooks Online), and Payroll (Payworks) systems.
- Month-end Closing/Financial Statements Consolidation: Assist the Accounting team in closing month-end and consolidating the financial statements; this includes recording journal entries, accruals, reconciling GL accounts, and much more.
- Other Financial Information: Time tracking, mileage and expense tracking, and technology spend are just a few of the other data inputs and processes you’ll manage.
- Supplier Liaison: You will be the first point of contact when vendors need help with the green stuff. Dealing with these key constituents quickly and efficiently will require you to be highly organized while taking a people- and relationship-focused approach.
- Everything & Anything: There will be a wide assortment of standard and not-so-standard tasks that you’ll be expected to complete. No task will be either above or beneath you.
- Education/Experience: Accounting/Business Diploma, or 2+ years of experience in bookkeeping/accounting.
- General Competence: At DarkVision, there is a very high bar for general all-round competence and ability to get things done quickly, thoroughly, and effectively without compromising on quality.
- Communication: You are expected to communicate effectively with both internal staff and external vendors. Building great working relationships with the team will be important in this role. You will need to be comfortable reaching out and collaborating with staff across all levels and functions of the organization to succeed.
- Sense of Humour: We work hard but don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- Attention to Detail: We are looking for someone who is methodical, detail-oriented, and enjoys keeping themselves and the people around them organized.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Full benefits package
- Competitive vacation allotment
- Flexible work environment
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a BC-based tech company that has been disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform and are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets.
Backed by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in North America, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products.
We provide employees the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications and invite you to join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reason’s you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries – one of North America’s largest privately held companies and are actively working with top-tier operators across North America.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are in the process of launching several new product lines and as a result have more than doubled our headcount over the last year.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and recently expanded into a brand new custom-built 52,000 sq ft facility in North Vancouver. We have recently opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded into the US, offices in Houston and Midland, TX.