We are looking to hire multiple detail-oriented, technically-minded people to join the Data Analysis team at DarkVision. The successful candidates will work collaboratively with their teammates to analyze our high-resolution ultrasound scans of oil and gas wells. They will use the results to create actionable reports, 3D images, detailed models, and quantifiable data to help our clients make informed decisions on the safe and efficient operations of their multi-million dollar operating assets.
No experience in this type of role is necessary, as the focus is on attitude, aptitude, and raw ability versus specific experience in a similar position. We’re looking for someone intelligent, keen, and highly detail-oriented regarding data deliverables to help meet the growing demand for DarkVision’s products and services.
As our scope increases, we require some Analysts who are apt to work odd hours. Willingness to work odd hours is considered an asset though not required.
- Inspect ultrasound data using our proprietary software to locate features and defects
- Follow detailed processes for preparing datasets and completing analysis
- Measure and assess features in the data, utilizing Machine Learning / AI generated results
- Generate detailed spreadsheets and plots using MATLAB
- Generate and edit reports
- Generate images, videos, and 3D renders
- Review and aggregate information from client documents
- Assist in improving workflows and documentation
- Learn and master new types of analysis as DarkVision increases its product offerings
Work Arrangement / Hours:
- Willing and able to work out of DarkVision’s North Vancouver head office; this is a fully on-site position
- Available for occasional odd hours; customer jobs can arise at any time, and they often need answers as quickly as possible
- This position may include occasional working evenings or weekends outside of typical office hours
- Diploma or degree from a STEM field
- Extreme attention-to-detail; you need to be meticulous, methodical, exact, and thorough in your analysis, making little to no mistakes
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Work well collaboratively; most projects will be shared among a group of Analysts
- Fast learner; able to adapt to evolving processes and guidelines
- Able to follow detailed procedures and meet high standards for quality and consistency
- MATLAB experience
- Blender or Meshlab experience
- Image processing experience
- Experience with 3D data
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Full benefits package.
- Competitive vacation allotment
- Flexible work environment
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a BC-based tech company that has been disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform and are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets.
Backed by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in North America, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products.
We provide employees the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications and invite you to join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reasons you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries – North America’s largest privately held company and are actively working with top-tier operators across North America.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are in the process of launching several new product lines and as a result, have more than doubled our headcount over the last year.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and recently expanded into a 52,000 sq ft facility in North Vancouver. We have recently opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded into the US with offices in Houston and Midland, TX.