DarkVision, a Koch Engineered Solutions company, is looking for a Director, Business Development, who will lead the commercial development of our pipeline in-line inspection (ILI) technology as we bring it to market. This position offers a broad range of responsibilities and will work closely with DarkVision’s senior management team to commercialize our highly differentiated and novel imaging technology.
If you are looking for an opportunity to play a pivotal role in planning and developing the next generation of pipeline inspection technologies – please apply! This is an excellent opportunity to join a world-class team revolutionizing critical asset integrity management across multiple verticals.
The preferred candidate location will be DarkVision’s head office in Vancouver, Canada. Consideration will be given to the right candidate who wishes to work from our Calgary or Houston offices. Reporting to our COO, and working closely with our CEO, Product, Marketing, and Sales teams, the successful candidate will foster new client relationships, develop strategic go-to-market plans, and provide critical client input for our development roadmap.
To make smart decisions, Oil & Gas operators need a clear picture of the inner workings of their critical infrastructure. The team at DarkVision makes this happen. Our experts from across the machine vision, imaging, computer graphics, and data analytics sectors have worked to create the most technologically advanced platform for asset inspection and diagnostics. Come join our team as we embark on the exciting journey ahead to become the global leader in industrial imaging.
What You Will Do
- Lead Generation and Go-To-Market Strategy: Prospect and identify new and upcoming opportunities with pipeline clients. Own and maintain the sales funnel. Capture, summarize, and disseminate client feedback to guide our product roadmap. Refine and execute the go-to-market strategy. Distill and disseminate significant amounts of technical and non-technical information to the executive team leading up to and during product launches. This will include gathering information on end-users, regulatory requirements, feedback from technical experts, and anything in between.
- Competitor & Market Analysis: Perform ongoing competitive analysis of the pipeline inspection industry, including pricing strategies, product positioning, and competitor development efforts. Gather intelligence that can inform our product strategy and geographic expansion. Provide regular reports to our executive team regarding the competitive landscape, target markets, and client feedback gathered.
- Marketing Strategy & Collateral Input: Own the strategy behind client-facing messaging and communications, which will form the foundation for our Sales team’s pitches and presentations. Work closely with the Marketing team to create collateral that resonates with our target clients. Review and provide feedback on technical white papers and ideate on new publications in collaboration with our early technology adopter customers. Generate ideas and be involved in the organization of customer-facing events.
- Industry Presence: Establish DarkVision’s brand in this new market vertical by attending and presenting at key industry events across the globe.
- Anything and Everything: We place great value on hiring individuals who are able and willing to tackle various projects (both big and small) that help drive the top and bottom lines. If you are self-motivated and eager to make an impact, this is the right place for you.
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Prior experience in ILI, infrastructure inspection, or other non-destructive testing.
- Prior experience in sales, business development, marketing, or a related field.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Engineering or Technical Degree.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills supporting data-driven decision-making.
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top contributors).
- Full benefits package.
- Competitive vacation allotment.
- Flexible work environment.
- Autonomy. Interesting work. Industry leading technology.
General Salary Range
For this role, we anticipate paying $100,000 to $180,000 CAD per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Who We Are
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a Canada-based tech company that has been disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform. We are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets.
Backed by Koch Industries, one of the world’s largest privately held companies, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products.
We allow employees to work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications. We invite you to join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are four reasons you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries – North America’s largest privately held company and actively work with every top-tier operator across North America.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We have the most advanced and rapidly growing industrial imaging product-line on the planet and have been growing exponentially for several years. We are getting enormous market traction and are now launching several new product lines to add to our existing growth trajectory. Our success has created significant opportunities for employees wanting to expand their careers.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and recently expanded into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We have recently opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded into the US, with offices in Houston, TX, Midland, TX, and Bakersfield, CA. We have also recently expanded our global footprint with new offices in Norway and Saudi Arabia.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
keywords: business development, sales, ILI, inline, in-line, inspection, pipeline, pigs, pigging, Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, PHMSA, ultrasonic, ultrasound NDT, NDE, non-destructive testing, non-destructive evaluation, infrastructure, asset, pipes, transport, integrity, corrosion, thickness, anomaly, lead generation, go-to-market, oil & gas services