DarkVision is looking for a Sales Director who will be based in Stavanger, Norway, and who will be responsible for all of Scandinavia.
In this role, you will be empowered and accountable for building the DarkVision business in Scandinavia, primarily in Norway. Although mainly focused on sales and business development, the Sales Director role will encompass various tasks and responsibilities, all in support of developing a commercially and operationally successful business.
You will be expected to work autonomously with the full support of DarkVision leadership and the broader DarkVision organization. The Sales Director – Scandinavia will report directly to our VP of Sales and will work closely with our Director of International Business Development to create a come-to-market strategy and will be the defacto owner of the DarkVision business in the region. You will regularly engage with the DarkVision executive team, our marketing and product managers, and the rest of the DarkVision sales and business development team to introduce DarkVision’s unique technology platforms and value propositions to customers in Scandinavia.
The ability to align with the company’s strategy, make long-term decisions, plan methodically, ask informed questions, and understand the details of the market/product/technology/applications will be highly valued. A skilled and competent professional with great fundamentals will be preferred over someone with a “network” or who has been in the industry for a significant period.
A demonstrated track record of historical success within oilfield services in Norway is desirable.
- Analysis & Strategy: Working directly with the VP of Sales and the Director of International Business Development, you will be driving and developing market roll-out plans, competitive reconnaissance, strategic positioning, market analysis, and overall sales/marketing plans for the company as it continues to scale-up operations within Norway and the region.
- Product Development Input: The company is working on an extensive and complex product roadmap. The successful candidate will contribute to critical discussions, decisions and prioritizations of products, technologies, features, and market prioritizations to maximize the overall impact of the company’s resources.
- Relationship Management: The successful candidate will foster relationships with existing, new, and prospective clients. You will have a wide variety of customer interactions, including sales calls, new inquiry meetings, partnership discussions, and account management across Norway and the region.
- Networking: The successful candidate will be attending a wide variety of oil and gas shows, conferences, and workshops. Travel within Europe and North America is likely. If you have significant travel restrictions, this is not the role for you.
- Marketing Material Input: Depending on the skills and experience of the successful candidate, they will contribute to critical marketing materials, including customer case studies, conference papers, presentations, website content, videos, and other materials related to the product/market.
- Everything & Anything: There will be a wide assortment of standard and not-so-standard tasks that you’ll be expected to complete, both inside and outside the typical sales umbrella. The role has an entrepreneurial side so that no task will be either above or beneath you.
- What It Is Not: We are looking for individuals who are laser-focused on what they do best, delivering a top-tier customer experience with cutting-edge technology while driving top-line sales. You will not be expected to chase invoices or endlessly forecast weekly revenue numbers. We do our best to eliminate the nonsense that often comes with working for large companies.
- Technical Background: A technical or engineering background would be helpful to better understand the technology and how it works.
- Downhole & Logging Experience: Experience selling downhole diagnostic and logging services that are competitive or complementary to DarkVision’s ultrasound-based imaging technology will be viewed favourably.
- Hard Working Self Starter: The successful candidate should be internally driven and career-focused. There is a large amount of flexibility and freedom in the role, so a proactive self-starter in finding areas to add value for the company is an absolute must. Ultimately, your success and development within DarkVision will align with your aptitude and work ethic.
- Strategic & Professional: The successful candidate can align their priorities and daily tasks with the company goals and overall strategy. The product line is a complex technology presented and sold to professional engineers, and you will be representing the company’s brand, values, and integrity. Smart, thoughtful, methodical, and calculated decision-making is critical for top performance in the role.
- Communication Skills: The ability to speak, write, and communicate clearly, professionally, and effectively for different audiences would help any candidate excel in the role. You will be the face of the DarkVision brand in Scandinavia. Clear, concise communication will be critical for both internal and external stakeholders. Fluency in both English and Norsk is preferred.
- General Competence: At DarkVision, there is a very high bar for general all-around competence and the ability to get things done quickly, thoroughly, and effectively without compromising quality. If you enjoy working with intelligent, talented, motivated people and making significant contributions to a winning team, then DarkVision is likely an excellent place for you.
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a BC-based tech company disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform. We are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets.
Backed by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in North America, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products.
We allow employees to work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications. We invite you to join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
- Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries – North America’s largest privately held company, and actively work with top-tier operators across North America.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are launching several new product lines and, as a result, have more than doubled our headcount over the last year.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will soon be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We have offices in Calgary, Houston, and Midland and are expanding globally.
- Professional Advancement: We believe in identifying and developing talent, and the opportunity to grow and take on additional responsibility within the company will be significant as the business quickly grows.
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Fulltime role
- Full benefits
- Bonus Eligibility