We are looking for a Field Deployment Specialist who will be based out of our Calgary, Alberta, office but perform work internationally on a rotational shift basis. You will be responsible for deploying DarkVision’s technology in various jobs and well types throughout North America, primarily focusing on the Canadian market. You’ll be working with various oil and gas operators, service companies, deployments systems and personnel and will be personally responsible for the successful execution of each job.
The essential characteristics of the successful candidate are that they are very hard-working and a self-starter. Also, the ability to travel and spend lots of time in the field is an absolute must in this role. You’ll be supported by our Operations and Engineering teams, but you’ll be the person on-site responsible for the job and communications with the customer.
- Everything & Anything: There will be a wide assortment of standard and not-so-standard tasks that you’ll be expected to complete, both inside and outside the typical field deployment umbrella. The role has an entrepreneurial side so that no task will be either above or beneath you.
- Deployments: Successfully deploy the technology in wells, including mobilization, rig-up, rig-down, communications with site personnel and service companies, and ultimately oversee the deployment of the products in each customer’s well.
- Travel: The successful candidate must be willing and able to travel to international client locations. You will be required to deploy our technology with various oil and gas operators in international regions including (but not limited to) Europe, the Middle East, and the Gulf of Mexico. Travel is a critical component of the job, and a flexible personal life that can support a career where time away from home is the norm is an absolute must. You shouldn’t apply for this job if you don’t want to be out of town.
- Preparation for Jobs: Ensuring that tools, parts, trucks, and critical equipment are checked, cleaned, calibrated, and verified for each job is a natural part of deploying the technology. Taking care of the tools, fixing, cleaning, testing, and refurbishing.
- Communications: Quick, clear, and effective communication with customers, site personnel, and DarkVision staff is your responsibility. This ensures deployments are successful and everyone has the information they need.
- Troubleshooting: Deploying new technology naturally necessitates troubleshooting problems that arise on-site in real-time. You’ll be supported by the engineering and operations teams, but the ability to figure things out quickly, improvise and succeed under pressure will be critical to overall job success. The capacity to both anticipate and solve field problems is paramount.
- Product Input & Feedback: Provide feedback and ideas on improving the product, technology, and operational processes to increase efficiency, quality, and scalability of the overall business. Feedback from the field is critical and will be incorporated directly into the engineering team to improve existing and future products.
- Wireline/Logging Experience: Experience deploying other logging technologies using wireline, tractor, coil, and various other deployment methods.
- Oil Field Service Experience: General experience with downhole equipment, well construction, completions etc., would be another important asset.
- Technical Background: A technical or engineering background would be helpful in better understanding the technology and how it works; however, it is not a hard requirement.
- Career-Focused: If you’re looking to work hard, advance your career, and get paid well while learning about downhole imaging, you’ve come to the right place.
- Ability to Travel: There is a significant amount of time away from home travelling and performing work in the field. The successful candidate must be able and willing to travel internationally and perform field work with little oversight.
- Growth Potential & Career Advancement: DarkVision is experiencing rapid growth with various new technologies, products, and markets. There are significant opportunities for increased responsibility, pay and career advancement as the company continues expanding its staffing, product lines, technologies, and operations.
- Technology Enthusiast: DarkVision works on some very new, innovative, and complex technologies. We also leverage all kinds of the latest tools and technologies across our business (we are, after all, a technology company that happens to be in the oil field service business). The desire to learn, play with and embrace new technologies and software systems is part of being a DarkVision employee.
- Communication Skills: The ability to communicate problems, concerns, and discrepancies to stakeholders in a direct but diplomatic way is a natural part of the role.
- Sense of Humour: At DarkVision, we have a casual, funny, and sometimes sarcastic culture. This is not the place for you if you’re easily offended, especially by un-offensive things. If you find this statement offensive, that’s a good litmus test for not-applying.
- Competitive salary or Higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Full-time role
- Full benefits
- Competitive vacation allowance
To make smart decisions, oil and gas operators need a clear picture of the inner workings of their wells. As part of Koch Engineered Solutions, the team at DarkVision makes this happen. Our experts from across the machine vision, medical imaging, aerospace and computer graphics sectors have worked to create the most technologically advanced platform for downhole diagnostics. Come join our team as we embark on the exciting journey ahead to become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are four reasons you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries – North America’s largest privately held company, and actively work with top-tier operators across North America.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are launching several new product lines and, as a result, have more than doubled our headcount over the last year.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and recently expanded into a new 52,000 sq ft facility in North Vancouver. We opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded into the US, with offices in Houston and Midland, TX. We are also expanding by opening offices globally.