DarkVision Technologies is looking for multiple Field Deployment Specialists, to be based out of Koch Engineered Solutions’ KSA facility in Dammam.
You will be responsible for deploying DarkVision’s technology in various jobs and well types throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This work will involve collaborating with various operators, service companies, and deployment systems. The successful candidates in this role will be personally responsible for the successful execution of each job.
The essential characteristics of the successful candidate are that they are very hard-working, safety-focused and a self-starter. Also, the ability to travel and spend lots of time in the field is an absolute must in this role. Our Operations and Engineering teams will support you, but you’ll be the person on-site responsible for the job, along with communications to the customer.
To make smart decisions, oil and gas operators need a clear picture of the inner workings of their wells. The team at DarkVision makes this happen. Our experts from across the machine vision, medical imaging, aerospace, and computer graphics sectors have worked to create the most technologically advanced platform for downhole diagnostics. Come join our team as we embark on the exciting journey ahead to become the global leader in industrial imaging.
What You Will Do
• Everything & Anything: There will be a wide assortment of standard and not-so-standard tasks that you’ll be expected to complete, both inside and outside the typical field deployment umbrella. The role has an entrepreneurial side so that no task will be either above or beneath you.
• Deployments: Successfully deploy the technology in offshore wells, including mobilization off and onshore, rig-up, rig-down, communications with site personnel and service companies, and ultimately overseeing the deployment of the products in each customer’s well.
• Preparation for Jobs: Ensuring that tools and critical equipment are checked, cleaned, calibrated, verified and packed for each job is a natural part of deploying the technology. Taking care of the tools, including maintaining, cleaning, testing, and refurbishing them, is a part of this role.
• Communications: Quick, clear, and effective communication with customers, site personnel, and DarkVision staff is your responsibility. This ensures deployments are successful and everyone has the information they need.
• Troubleshooting: Deploying new technology naturally necessitates troubleshooting problems that arise on-site in real time. You’ll be supported by the engineering and operations teams, but the ability to figure things out quickly, improvise and succeed under pressure will be critical to overall job success. The capacity to both anticipate and solve field problems is paramount.
• Product Input & Feedback: Provide feedback and ideas on improving the product, technology, and operational processes to increase efficiency, quality, and scalability of the overall business. Feedback from the field is critical and will be incorporated directly into the engineering team to improve existing and future products.
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
• Wireline/Logging Experience: Experience deploying other logging technologies using wireline, tractor, coil, and various other deployment methods.
• Oilfield Service Experience: General experience with downhole equipment, well construction, completions etc., would be another important asset.
What Will Put You Ahead
• Technical Background: A technical or engineering background would be helpful in better understanding the technology and how it works; however, it is not a hard requirement.
• Career-Focused: If you’re looking to work hard, advance your career, and get paid well while learning about downhole imaging, you’ve come to the right place.
• Growth Potential & Career Advancement: DarkVision is experiencing rapid growth with various new technologies, products, and markets. There are significant opportunities for increased responsibility, pay and career advancement as the company continues expanding its staffing, product lines, technologies, and operations.
• Technology Enthusiast: DarkVision works on some very new, innovative, and complex technologies. We also leverage all kinds of the latest tools and technologies across our business (we are, after all, a technology company that happens to be in the oil field service business). The desire to learn, play with and embrace new technologies and software systems is part of being a DarkVision employee.
• Communication Skills: The ability to communicate problems, concerns, and discrepancies to stakeholders in a direct but diplomatic way is a natural part of the role.
• Sense of Humour: At DarkVision, we have a casual, funny, and sometimes sarcastic culture. This is not the place for you if you’re easily offended, especially by un-offensive things. If you find this statement offensive, that’s a good litmus test for not-applying.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Who We Are
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a Canada-based tech company disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform. We are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets.
Backed by Koch Industries, one of the world’s largest privately held companies, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products. We allow employees to work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications. We invite you to join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are four reasons you’ll like working at DarkVision:
• Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries and actively work with top-tier operators across North America and other countries.
• ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
• Growing Quickly: We are launching several new product lines and, as a result, have more than doubled our headcount over the last year.
• Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and recently expanded into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We have recently opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded into the US, with offices in Houston and Midland, TX. We are also expanding by opening offices globally.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Keywords: logging, log, downhole, wireline, ultrasonic, ultrasound, imaging, acoustic, seismic, electromagnetic, magnetic, calipers, measurements, well integrity, well intervention, corrosion analysis, perforation analysis, perf, anomaly detection, cased-hole, CH, cased hole
Opens on External Site