We are looking for a Product Analyst who will be responsible for emerging technology & competitor market research. This role will have a broad range of responsibilities key to DarkVision’s growth, with the primary goal of identifying strategic acquisition targets that fit within our technology portfolio.
We are on an exponential growth curve and are looking for an individual that possesses great technical aptitude with even better business acumen. You will need to understand the technical nuances of inspection technologies while keeping your eye on the big picture. Your research and dissemination of information will be key to DarkVision’s future by highlighting potential acquisition targets. This will require the capability to dissect emerging technologies and analyze the strategic fit with DarkVision.
You don’t need to have M&A or product research experience to excel in this role. If you are technically competent, a great communicator, and enjoy doing whatever it takes to get the job done, then we want to hear from you. This is a great opportunity to join a world-class team that is revolutionizing how operators understand the integrity of their multi-million-dollar assets.
This role will be based out of DarkVision’s head office in Vancouver, Canada, will report to our VP Product & Marketing, and will have significant exposure to the CEO, CTO, VP Engineering, and VP of Innovation.
- Be The Market Expert: Research, document, and disseminate market information to DarkVision’s executive team. You will track market dynamics, mergers & acquisitions, valuations, and industry trends and communicate the key findings in a concise manner. You will need to blend your technical knowledge and business fortitudes to deliver cohesive market summaries while sorting through marketing facades and vaporware (the right level of skepticism is appreciated!).
- Know the Competition: Perform detailed competitive analyses spanning emerging imaging technologies, non-destructive testing businesses, and software/ML+AI
- You will be the internal expert on the competitor landscape – including technology differentiation, pricing, product positioning, and value propositions of companies within our industrial verticals. You will be responsible for documenting and disseminating this information to the executive team at DarkVision.
- Influence Product Direction & Development: At DarkVision, accountants and lawyers don’t rule the roost. Business leaders and engineers do. Our product development starts with comprehensive technical market research and ends with innovative and differentiated technologies (we always go big on differentiation). What that means is that we rely on detailed technical analyses of the market and its dynamics to ensure we’re working on the right product at the right time with the largest technical differentiation possible. Your research will be critical to that path.
- Be an Entrepreneur & Globetrotter: You’ll need to stay updated on the latest developments in our direct and adjacent market verticals. You’ll have the opportunity to travel to all corners of the world to learn, research, and document companies that would be complementary to DarkVision’s business.
- Engineering or Technical Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Exposure to M&A activity is considered an asset.
- Solid business and technical aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. (Seriously – we mean this one).
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Prior experience in ultrasonic or other NDT technologies would be a bonus.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Full benefits package.
- Competitive vacation allotment
- Flexible work environment.
- Lots of autonomy, interesting work, and industry-leading technology.
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a BC-based tech company that has been disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform and are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets.
Backed by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in North America, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products.
We provide employees with the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications and invite you to join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reasons you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries – North America’s largest privately held company and are actively working with top-tier operators across North America.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are in the process of launching several new product lines and, as a result, have more than doubled our headcount over the last year.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will soon be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We have recently opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded into the US, starting with a new office in Houston, TX.