We are looking for a Product Manager who will own the planning, prioritization, and strategic decision-making for DarkVision’s data acquisition, processing, and visualization software platform. This is not your average product manager role. The position will significantly influence the direction and execution of our software and machine learning roadmap across multiple product lines.
We are a world-class team that is revolutionizing how industrial operators understand the integrity of their multi-million-dollar assets. If you are driven to make a difference, feel good when you get sh*t done, and enjoy doing whatever it takes to do so – then we want to hear from you. We are looking for someone who blends excellent technical aptitude (preferably from a SaaS-based environment) with solid business acumen. You will need to be able to appreciate and understand larger business objectives and translate that into executable sprints. We don’t spoon-feed our software engineers but want to ensure we’re working on the right initiatives at the right time.
This role will be based out of DarkVision’s head office in North Vancouver, Canada and report to our VP Product & Marketing.
- Drive Product Direction & Development: Partner with engineering, innovation, and product groups to maintain product roadmaps for offerings requiring hardware and software elements. Manage roadmap timelines and plans, accounting for changes to the competitive landscape, organizational strategy, and R&D’s feedback. You will be involved in the whole development lifecycle, from ideation, to launch, to continuous improvement. You will be focused on software but need to understand and make decisions based on the bigger picture.
- Manage Product Scope: Understand and communicate the technical complexity, timelines, and business value of software-related products. Make trade-offs to maximize value along the way. Plan, communicate, and set actionable goals for product features to the R&D team.
- Own Product Backlog: Our software platform is the core of our product. It’s used by field technicians, data analysts, and engineers to generate analytics & 3D visualizations from real-world data. We have many requirements from both internal & external user groups – prioritizing these features so we stay on track is critical to our long-term success. As the Product Owner, you will refine and prioritize the backlog in collaboration with multiple internal stakeholders (VP Product, Product Managers, Director of Data Analysis, Director of Software and Quality Assurance – among others).
- Own Sprint Planning: Implement and own the sprint planning process. Be the scrum master. You will be responsible for pragmatically running the Agile process. We like fit-for-purpose processes, and you should too.
- Be an Entrepreneur: If you’re curious like us, you’ll want to stay updated on the latest and greatest developments in our industry verticals. You’ll have the opportunity to travel to all corners of the world to learn and gain inspiration at technical conferences – and bring those ideas back to implement into our products. And you’ll have the wind at your back; we have fantastic customer traction with a highly differentiated product and want to keep it that way.
- Engineering or Technical Degree preferred.
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) methodology.
- Experience in a SaaS-based business preferred.
- Exposure to AWS cloud, JIRA, and Confluence preferred.
- Solid business and technical aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Full benefits package.
- Up to 8 weeks of vacation (Yes, you read that correctly!)
- Flexible work environment.
- Lots of autonomy, interesting work, and industry-leading technology.
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a BC-based tech company that has been disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform. We are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets.
Backed by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in North America, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products.
We provide employees with the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications. We invite you to join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reason’s you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries – North America’s largest privately held company and are actively working with top-tier operators across North America.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are launching several new product lines and, as a result, have more than doubled our headcount over the last year.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will soon be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We have recently opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded into the US, with offices in Houston and Midland, TX.