DarkVision is looking for multiple Quality Assurance Engineers to join our Software Engineering team. These roles will be based out of our head office in North Vancouver, Canada. Reporting to our Testing & Automation Team Lead, the successful candidates will be instrumental in ensuring the quality of our various software products ranging from embedded Linux all the way to cloud processing. These positions will be working hands-on with our high-performance ultrasound hardware.
The ideal candidates will have prior software QA experience with a keen interest in applying quality concepts to electronic and mechanical systems. They will be embedded in our development team, working towards maintaining an overall view of the product quality by writing test plans, executing test plans, and logging and tracking issues.
- Design, write, and execute test plans during all phases of product development
- Responsible for testing software of all types while logging test plan execution and bug tracking
- Collect, reproduce, and clearly document issues from test results and users into a consumable state for developers
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Prioritize testing activities and escalate high-risk and blocking issues as they are found
- Work directly with developers to invent and implement new ways to test product robustness.
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- 3+ years’ experience in a Software Quality Assurance or Software Testing role, including developing test plans, is required
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant field
- Experience with multiple different development environments (bare metal, embedded OS, PC & cloud computing) preferred
- Experience with Python (or other scripting languages) and SQL preferred
- Experience with Hardware and Mechanical systems is beneficial
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience with one or more issue tracking and test management tools is a plus
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a BC-based tech company that has been disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform. We are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets.
Backed by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in North America, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products.
We provide employees with the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications. We invite you to join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are four reasons you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries – North America’s largest privately held company, and actively work with top-tier operators across North America.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are launching several new product lines and, as a result, have more than doubled our headcount over the last year.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will soon be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in North Vancouver. We have recently opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded into the US, with offices in Houston and Midland, TX.
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Full benefits
- Up to 8 weeks of vacation (Yes, you read that correctly!)
- Flexible work environment.
- Lots of autonomy, exciting work, and industry-leading technology.