We are looking to add a California-based Sales Engineer to our fast-growing team. The Sales Engineer role will encompass various tasks and responsibilities, depending on the successful applicants’ skill set, aptitude, ability, and experience. You will be working directly with DarkVision’s VP of Sales. You will regularly engage with the DarkVision executive team, our marketing and product managers and the rest of the DarkVision sales and business development team to drive downhole revenue and introduce DarkVision’s unique technology platforms to the US onshore and offshore markets.
The candidate will be based in California (location flexible); however, an exceptional candidate with the ability to deliver top-tier results while working remotely from another customer center will also be considered.
There will be a significant amount of flexibility and freedom in the role, along with substantial growth potential, so someone looking to use that freedom to advance their career significantly will be an ideal candidate. The ability to align with the company’s strategy, make long-term decisions, plan methodically, ask informed questions, and understand the details of the market/product/technology/applications will be highly valued.
We are not looking for an impulsive candidate, fast-talking, tire-spinning, “experienced,” or likes to shoot from the hip. A skilled, competent professional with excellent fundamentals will be preferred over someone with a “deep Rolodex.” Of course, a solid track record of historical success is desirable as the successful candidate will quickly become a cornerstone of the sales organization as we continue the rapid expansion of the DarkVision business within North America.
- Meeting People: The successful candidate will foster relationships with existing, new, and prospective clients. You will have a wide variety of customer interactions, including sales calls, further inquiry meetings, partnership discussions, and account management across the US.
- Technical Advisory: Develop new accounts and enhance relationships with current customers by becoming their trusted technical advisor. Demonstrate strong technical understanding in the downhole Oil & Gas space to build trust in our advice and analysis.
- Analysis & Strategy: Working directly with the VP of Sales and The VP of Products and Marketing, you will be driving and developing market roll-out plans, competitive reconnaissance, strategic positioning, market analysis, and overall sales/marketing plans for the company as it continues to scale-up operations.
- Product Input: The company is working on an extensive and complex product roadmap. The successful candidate will contribute to critical discussions, decisions, and prioritizations of products and technologies to maximize the overall impact of the company’s resources.
- Networking: The successful candidate will attend various oil and gas shows, conferences, and workshops across North America. Travel and flexibility within the US will be a big part of the role in the medium term. If you have significant travel restrictions, this is not the role for you.
- Marketing Material Input: Depending on the skills and experience of the successful candidate, they will contribute to critical marketing materials, including customer case studies, conference papers, presentations, website content, videos, and other essential materials related to the product/market.
- Everything & Anything: There will be a wide assortment of standard and not-so-standard tasks that you may be expected to complete inside and outside the typical sales umbrella. There’s an entrepreneurial side to the role so that no task will be either above or beneath you or anyone else in the company.
- What It Is Not: We are looking for individuals who are laser-focused on what they do best, delivering a top-tier customer experience with cutting-edge technology while driving up top-line sales. You will not be expected to invoice-chase or endlessly forecast weekly revenue numbers.
- Downhole & Logging Experience: Experience selling downhole diagnostic and logging services
- Travel: Home based but very mobile within California; up to 10% travel outside of local region
- Technical Education: An Associate’s degree or technical diploma in mechanical, petroleum, chemical, electrical, or geological engineering is a minimum
- Industry Knowledge and Experience: Bonus points for P&A, gas storage, wireline or well logging, and well intervention/integrity experience.
- Knowledge of Regulations: Knowledge of California regulations for gas storage is an important asset.
- Technical Background: A Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, petroleum, chemical, electrical, or geological engineering
Hard Working Self Starter: The successful candidate will be highly driven and career-focused. There is a large amount of flexibility and freedom in the role, so a proactive self-starter finding areas to add value for the company is an absolute must. Ultimately your success and development within DarkVision will be entirely in-line with your aptitude and work ethic.
- Strategic & Professional: The successful candidate can align their priorities and daily tasks with the company goals and overall strategy. The product line is a complex technology, presented and sold to professional engineers, and you’ll be representing the company’s brand, values, and integrity. Smart, thoughtful, methodical, and calculated decision-making is critical for top performance in the role.
- Communication Skills: The ability to speak, write, and communicate professionally and effectively with different audiences would help any candidate excel in the role. You will be the face of the DarkVision brand, and clear, concise communication will be critical for internal and external stakeholders.
- General Competence: At DarkVision, there is a very high bar for general all-around competence and the ability to get things done quickly, thoroughly, and effectively without compromising quality. If you enjoy working with intelligent, talented, motivated people and making significant contributions to a winning team, then DarkVision is likely an excellent place for you.
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a BC-based tech company disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform. We are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets.
Backed by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in North America, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products.
We allow employees to work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications. We invite you to join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are four reasons you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries – North America’s largest privately held company, and actively work with top-tier operators across North America.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are launching several new product lines and, as a result, have more than doubled our headcount over the last year.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will soon expand into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We have recently opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded into the US, with offices in Houston and Midland, TX.