We are looking for a talented Software Engineering Manager to help us lead the development of our embedded, desktop, and cloud applications. If you have a knack for managing a team of programmers to motivate them to drive towards a common goal, we are looking for you.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will direct, manage, and mentor a team of Software Engineers. Your team will be responsible for the development and release of complex software products for our ultrasound imaging devices. You will provide technical leadership, planning, and direction for your team. You will work with the Product, Research, and Data Analysis teams to define the scope and priority of work within the structure of an Agile development workflow. You will be responsible for the quality and robustness of the software your team develops. You will have to be a technically strong, hands-on leader not afraid to get your hands dirty.
This role will be based out of DarkVision’s head office in North Vancouver, Canada and report to our Director of Software Engineering.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership, including architecture, design, and code reviews.
- Advocate and advance modern software development practices.
- Manage, mentor, and nurture the growth of a SW engineering team.
- Hire, retain, and grow top talent on the team while fostering a relaxed team atmosphere.
- Work with the Director of Software Engineering to build a great team culture and high-quality products.
- Plan and coordinate requirements, dependencies, and priorities with the Product, Research, and Data Analysis groups to steer product development in an Agile manner.
- Get your hands dirty and write some code when it makes sense.
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) methodology
- Experience managing a software team
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience with full-stack development preferred (including cloud services)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- C++ programming experience
- This role is predominately on-site but have flexibility to work from home a couple days a week
Opportunities to Learn:
- Industrial ultrasound for non-destructive testing
- Image processing and GPU programming
- Embedded Linux Development
- Cloud Services (AWS, Docker, and Database Development)
- Machine Learning application
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent).
- Full benefits package.
- Up to 8 weeks of vacation (Yes, you read that correctly!)
- Flexible hybrid work environment.
- Lots of autonomy, interesting work, industry leading technology.
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a BC-based tech company that has been disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform and are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets.
Backed by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in North America, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products.
We provide employees the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications and invite you to join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reason’s you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries – North America’s largest privately held company and are actively working with top-tier operators across North America.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are in the process of launching several new product lines and as a result have more than doubled our headcount over the last year.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will soon be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility near the Lonsdale Quay in North Vancouver. We have recently opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded into the US, with offices in Houston and Midland, TX.