Koch Engineered Solutions seeks an Infrastructure Analyst to support a growing team of engineers and developers at DarkVision. DarkVision has developed the world’s highest resolution acoustic imaging technology and, as a result, has accumulated hundreds of terabytes of ultrasonic data to manage.
This role will be responsible for implementing and operating the local IT infrastructure, including a 10 Gb network, on-prem caching servers and deep learning GPU instances to support the growth of DarkVision’s data needs while providing IT support to the entire team. You will be based out of DarkVision’s North Vancouver head office and will work closely with their team of engineers and data analysts in addition to contributing to projects across the entire organization as a member of the Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) global Infrastructure and Operations Team.
- Network implementation and maintenance: DarkVision is building new network infrastructure to support the efficient processing of multi-terabyte datasets. This involves infrastructure such as 10 Gb networking and caching servers to allow their data analysis team to work more efficiently and local GPU instances for machine learning training and inference to augment their cloud infrastructure.
- Cloud connectivity and remote access: Work with the DarkVision and KES cloud infrastructure teams to connect the on-prem network and servers to AWS infrastructure and ensure a seamless experience for the data teams.
- On-prem server infrastructure: Build and deploy on-prem Linux and Windows servers to support data analysis workflow and machine learning research.
- Workstation setup and onboarding: We see the onboarding experience as an important part of how new engineers and developers perceive the company. First impressions are important, and you will work to ensure this experience is as flawless as possible and work with each new hire to get them set up with the tools they need to succeed.
- Ensure seamless IT support is provided: Engage with DarkVision’s employees to understand the scope of the IT issues they are facing, then work with offsite support teams to troubleshoot these issues and ensure the proper functional groups are brought in to resolve them.
- Maintain critical infrastructure: DarkVision is a data and engineering company that is entirely dependent on our IT infrastructure. Approach every problem with a sense of urgency and do anything and everything to ensure that their staff are productive.
- Participate as part of the global IT team: You will report into, and have the backing of, a global Infrastructure and Operations IT team that can provide support and the specialized skills needed to implement projects and systems.
- Approach every project and problem with a sense of urgency.
- Be resourceful and problem-solve. Even if you can’t get it done, find someone who can.
- Set clear expectations. Let the team know when something will be done, and then make it happen.
- Go outside your comfort zone, take initiative, and find new areas to add value.
- Innovate and experiment. Don’t be afraid to explore new technologies and find new ways to make our team more effective.
- At least 5 years of IT experience
- Experience as an IT Generalist providing all encompassing IT support to small to medium sized companies, including networking, cloud connectivity, server infrastructure, and workstation setup
- Experience working in start-up or highly entrepreneurship environments
- Experience with AWS architecture
- Flexible, adaptable, and humble – openness to doing everything and anything is what we look for in every employee in our highly entrepreneurial environment
- High customer service orientation
- Experience supporting highly technical customers
- Experience with Microsoft Intune and AutoPilot
- Experience working with big data, data science, or software development companies highly preferred
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package.
- Flexible work environment.
- Lots of autonomy, exciting work, and industry-leading technology.
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a BC-based tech company that has been disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform. We are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets.
Backed by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in North America, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products.
Our employees work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications and invite you to support our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
We are a growing family of companies—a community of industry experts—that serves customers with innovative, engineered-to-order solutions. Our future is in the development of transformational connected product platforms that integrate equipment, data analytics, closed-loop controls, and services.
KES exists to create value for our customers. By harnessing the expertise and resources of the KES family of companies, we can offer customers direct access to commercial excellence, operational excellence, innovation, and talent that is unrivaled in the industries we serve.
Our Guiding Principles of Humility, Integrity, Respect, Knowledge, Principled Entrepreneurship, Transformation, Self-Actualization, and Stewardship & Compliance define the Koch culture. As a team member, you will demonstrate behavior that is consistent with these principles and develop a team environment consistent with our culture.