DarkVision Technologies Inc. was founded in 2013 by a group of experienced entrepreneurs that have a track record of developing and commercializing imaging technologies for industrial markets. DarkVision has developed the world’s most advanced ultrasound-based imaging platform and is packaging it into different product-lines to solve the industry’s most challenging problems.
The company has proven its first successful product-line for tubular infrastructure inspection. DarkVision’s initial product has already won multiple industry awards, been featured in top publications, and generated significant revenue. Our team consists of experts from machine vision, medical imaging, aerospace, and computer graphics sectors who are building today’s most advanced technology platform for industrial imaging and asset integrity-related inspection. We build, design, and sell the entire solution ourselves – from large sensor arrays to specialized electronics, to our visualization and analytics software.
Building on its commercial success, the company just raised a very large financing round to begin scaling the technology to new product-lines in new industries and applications. We recently began construction of a new 52,000 sq ft head office facility in Vancouver and are growing quickly. We invite you to come join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reason’s you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are well funded by solid financial backers and customers through highly differentiated technology that has already been proven out in the real world. We just raised a round from one of the largest privately held companies in the world for a large commercial expansion and new product-line development.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We’re in the process of opening US Offices, launching several new product-lines and hiring a high-performing team of people. We are not a small start-up company and are in the process of maturing into a fast-growing medium-sized business.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We are currently opening US offices, beginning in Houston.
DarkVision is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Software Engineering team. This role will be based out of our head office in Vancouver, Canada. Reporting to our Director of Software Engineering, the successful candidate will be instrumental in ensuring the quality of our various software products ranging from embedded Linux all the way to cloud processing. This position will be working hands-on with our high-performance ultrasound hardware.
The ideal candidate will have prior software QA experience with a keen interest in applying quality concepts to electronic and mechanical systems. The QA Engineer will be embedded in our development team and will be the point person for multiple groups, as such they must have great communication skills and have a good understanding of the big picture. While maintaining an overall view of the product quality they must also be willing to get their hands dirty executing test plans, as well as logging and tracking issues.
- Design, write, and execute test plans during all phases of product development
- Responsible for testing software of all types while logging test plan execution and bug tracking
- Collect, reproduce, and clearly document issues from test results and users into a consumable state for developers
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Prioritize testing activities and escalate high risk and blocking issues as they are found
- Help develop and improve our overall QA program by training peers in best practices, and by staying up to date on emerging QA technologies
- 5+ years’ experience in a Software Quality Assurance, or Software Testing role including developing test plans is required
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant field
- Experience with multiple different development environments (bare metal, embedded OS, PC, cloud computing)
- Experience with Hardware, and Mechanical systems is highly preferred
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience with one or more issue tracking and test management tools is a plus
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Fulltime role
- Full benefits
- Competitive vacation
- Paid relocation service available