DarkVision Technologies Inc. was founded in 2013 by a group of experienced entrepreneurs that have a track record of developing and commercializing imaging technologies for industrial markets. DarkVision has developed the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform and is packaging it into different product-lines to solve the industry’s most challenging problems.
The company has proven its first successful product-line for tubular infrastructure inspection. DarkVision’s initial product has already won multiple industry awards, been featured in top publications, and generated significant revenue. Our team consists of experts from machine vision, medical imaging, aerospace, and computer graphics sectors who are building today’s most advanced technology platform for industrial imaging and asset integrity-related inspection. We build, design, and sell the entire solution ourselves – from large sensor arrays to specialized electronics, to our visualization and analytics software.
Building on its commercial success, the company just raised a very large financing round to begin scaling the technology to new product-lines in new industries and applications. We recently began construction of a new 52,000 sq ft head office facility in Vancouver and are growing quickly. We invite you to come join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
We are looking for a Product Manager with experience in portable non-destructive testing (NDT) tools, who will be based out of DarkVision’s head office in Vancouver, Canada. Reporting to our VP Product and Marketing, the successful candidate will be involved in the planning and managing of our new ultrasound imaging tool product lines, as well as the rollout of other planned future products.
This position will manage the full product lifecycle. This will include performing market analysis (customer, industry, and regulatory requirements gathering), conceptualizing products, developing measurable business strategies, partnering with our Engineering team to create product specifications, as well as producing case studies and technical papers. Prior Engineering experience coupled with a thorough understanding of NDT equipment landscape will be an asset.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable managing multiple concurrent products and seamlessly pivot their efforts based on market requirements. We require someone who is agile and can handle a broad job scope.
- Product Strategy: Create and execute product strategy for our NDT tool product line. Determine and plan product lifecycle based on careful market analysis and feedback from both our R&D teams and Management.
- Market Analysis: Plan and execute ongoing market analysis for both our current and prospective products.
- Requirements Gathering: Responsible for sourcing, analyzing, understanding, and documenting requirements for clients, regulatory bodies, and target markets.
- Roadmap Development / Management: Partner with R&D to create and maintain product roadmaps, acting as the intermediary between our clients and R&D. Responsible for continuously updating roadmap timelines and plans, accounting for changes to the competitive landscape, organizational strategy, and R&D’s feedback.
- Go-to-market Planning: Spearhead go-to-market planning for our NDT tool, working with our sales team to ensure our product positioning is in line with market expectations.
- Reporting: Provide ongoing reports regarding the competitive landscape, target markets, and client feedback, relaying all pertinent findings to Management.
- Marketing: Proactively manage product positioning and messaging. Work with Engineering teams to create technical sales documentation for an external audience.
- Case Studies and Technical Papers: Create and maintain case studies and technical papers for both internal and external audiences.
- Engineering Degree (preferred,) or Business Degree with applicable experience.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Formal report writing experience.
- Prior experience in NDT equipment a strong asset.
- Prior experience in phased array ultrasonic technologies required
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Fulltime role
- Full benefits
- Competitive vacation allotment
Here are 4 reason’s you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are well funded by solid financial backers and customers through highly differentiated technology that has already been proven out in the real world. We just raised a round from one of the largest privately held companies in the world for a large commercial expansion and new product-line development.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We’re in the process of opening US Offices, launching several new product-lines and hiring a high-performing team of people. We are not a small start-up company and are in the process of maturing into a fast-growing medium-sized business.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We are currently opening US offices, beginning in Houston.