We are looking for a curious and motivated researcher/scientist to join our R&D team and work on our upcoming products. The right candidate is a creative individual with good attention to detail who has a strong theoretical background and is passionate about solving real-world problems. The position will focus heavily on scientific research as well as running simulation and experiments related to a variety of ultrasound imaging modes.
This position will provide you with an opportunity to explore and design innovative imaging ideas and concepts from ideation to development, verification, and validation. You will be working collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team tasked with designing and delivering state-of-the-art ultrasound imaging solutions. The ideal candidate is both scientific-minded and pragmatic. Someone who has the desire to work and grow in a fast-paced technology environment.
- Solid understanding of ultrasound imaging techniques and advanced beamforming algorithms.
- Solid understanding of different signal processing and image processing algorithms.
- Proficiency in MATLAB, Python, or other scientific programming languages.
- Hands-on experience with software and algorithm development.
- Hands-on experience with running simulations and setting up experiments to evaluate different ideas.
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or other related fields.
- Experience with existing ultrasound simulation software namely Field II, K-wave, and CIVA
- Experience with existing ultrasound research systems such as SonixRP, Verasonics, or SARUS
- Familiarity with 2D/3D data visualization tools
- Relevant portfolio (past projects and publications) related to the field of ultrasound imaging.
DarkVision Technologies Inc. was founded in 2013 by a group of experienced entrepreneurs that have a track record of developing and commercializing imaging technologies for industrial markets. DarkVision has developed the world’s most advanced ultrasound-based imaging platform and is packaging it into different product-lines to solve the industry’s most challenging problems.
The company has proven its first successful product-line for tubular infrastructure inspection. DarkVision’s initial product has already won multiple industry awards, been featured in top publications, and generated significant revenue. Our team consists of experts from machine vision, medical imaging, aerospace, and computer graphics sectors who are building today’s most advanced technology platform for industrial imaging and asset integrity-related inspection. We build, design, and sell the entire solution ourselves – from large sensor arrays to specialized electronics, to our visualization and analytics software.
Building on its commercial success, the company just raised a very large financing round to begin scaling the technology to new product-lines in new industries and applications. We recently began construction of a new 52,000 sq. ft head office facility in Vancouver and are growing quickly. We invite you to come join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reason’s you will like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are well funded by solid financial backers and customers through highly differentiated technology that has already been proven out in the real world. We just raised a round from one of the largest privately held companies in the world for a large commercial expansion and new product-line development.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you are an ‘A’ player, you will enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are in the process of opening US Offices, launching several new product-lines and hiring a high-performing team of people. We are not a small start-up company and are in the process of maturing into a fast-growing medium-sized business.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will be expanding into a 52,000 sq. ft facility in Vancouver. We are currently opening US offices, beginning in Houston.