We are looking for a talented software engineer to help develop our next generation of ultrasonic imaging systems. Our next-generation systems will build upon state-of-the-art advancements in low-power high-speed processing hardware.
You will be joining our software and hardware engineers to help build out a high-speed distributed ultrasonic imaging platform. If you are someone who enjoys tinkering with hardware and writing code to interface with sensors and electronics this is the role for you!
You should love writing modern C++ and have experience with code and algorithm optimizations for power-sensitive applications.
We are looking for a smart, fast learner, who has the desire to learn and grow in a fast-moving technology environment.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Build Ultrasonic image capture software on an Arm64 embedded Linux platform.
- Build an HPC cluster configuration and management control software.
- Optimizing data streaming algorithms for massive multi-terabyte datasets.
- Implement beamforming and classification algorithms developed by research scientists on embedded platforms using dedicated DSP and GPU devices.
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science.
- C++ 11/14 Programming experience.
- Experience with some form of low-level device programming.
- Experience optimizing algorithms for performance.
- Embedded Linux development experience (bootloader, device tree, kernel drivers, Yocto etc.)
- Experience interfacing with hardware devices and low-level interfaces.
- Experience with video encoder codecs and pipelines.
- DSP, GPU, SIMD algorithm development and optimization.
- High-Performance Computing development experience (OpenMPI, or others on Linux)
- Image Processing, Computer Vision or Graphics Programming experience
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Fulltime role
- Full benefits
- Competitive vacation allotment
Here are 4 reason’s you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are well funded by solid financial backers and customers through highly differentiated technology that has already been proven out in the real world. We just raised a round from one of the largest privately held companies in the world for a large commercial expansion and new product-line development.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We’re in the process of opening US Offices, launching several new product-lines and hiring a high-performing team of people. We are not a small start-up company and are in the process of maturing into a fast-growing medium-sized business.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We are currently opening US offices, beginning in Houston.
DarkVision Technologies Inc. was founded in 2013 by a group of experienced entrepreneurs that have a track record of developing and commercializing imaging technologies for industrial markets. DarkVision has developed the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform and is packaging it into different product lines to solve the industry’s most challenging problems.
The company has proven its first successful product line for tubular infrastructure inspection. DarkVision’s initial product has already won multiple industry awards, been featured in top publications, and generated significant revenue. Our team consists of experts from machine vision, medical imaging, aerospace, and computer graphics sectors who are building today’s most advanced technology platform for industrial imaging and asset integrity-related inspection. We build, design, and sell the entire solution ourselves – from large sensor arrays to specialized electronics, to our visualization and analytics software.
Building on its commercial success, the company just raised a very large financing round to begin scaling the technology to new product lines in new industries and applications. We recently began construction of a new 52,000 sq ft head office facility in Vancouver and are growing quickly. We invite you to come join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.