We are looking for a Manufacturing Technician with experience working on electromechanical projects to join our team. This role will be based in our North Vancouver office. The successful candidate will do everything and anything necessary to support our manufacturing, product development and research. This is a hands-on position with a strong focus on production, assembly, and testing. You will be expected to learn and carry out a variety of unique, hands-on tasks, and as a result you’ll have the opportunity to learn many new skills. If you like variety and enjoy picking up new skills outside of your comfort zone, this is the perfect role for you. You will be joining a great team of Manufacturing Technicians who can help guide and train you as you learn the skills needed to excel in this role!
- Building Small Stuff - Forming and fabricating piezo-electric transducers, micro-soldering, molding, etc.
- Building Big Stuff - Building research apparatus such as test platforms, test jigs, and our core products
- Breaking Stuff - Carrying out experiments and product validation using test equipment. For example, you’ll break stuff in our heated pressure vessel at 10,000 psi and 200 C and then figure out what went wrong!
- Fixing Stuff - Replacing and repairing components, refurbishing downhole tools, etc.
- Ensuring Stuff Works - Our work is highly technical; you should like to learn new technologies while ensuring a high standard of quality in your work.
- Quality Control - Measurement of incoming parts with reference to drawings
- Technology Certificate or Diploma from BCIT or similar technical institute
- No work experience required, but passion and interest are considered an asset (hello side projects!)
- Mechanical aptitude: you have hands on experience in assembly of components, taking things apart and putting them back together again
- Ability to read and comprehend mechanical drawings and schematics
- Ability to read and comprehend wiring diagrams
- Ability to use and understand electronic testing equipment such as multi-meters
- Ability to build components from spec
- Experience in QC and measurement of components
- Experience using hand tools and power tools
- Soldering experience
- Problem solving abilities
- Time management skills
- Experience using Excel and Word
- A meticulous, precise, and detail-orientated approach
DarkVision Technologies Inc. was founded in 2013 by a group of experienced entrepreneurs with a track record of developing and commercializing imaging technologies for industrial markets. DarkVision has developed the world’s most advanced ultrasound-based imaging platform and is packaging it into different product-lines to solve the industry’s most challenging problems.
The company has proven its first successful product-line for tubular infrastructure inspection. DarkVision’s initial product has already won multiple industry awards, been featured in top publications, and generated significant revenue. Our team consists of experts from machine vision, medical imaging, aerospace, and computer graphics sectors who are building today’s most advanced technology platform for industrial imaging and asset integrity-related inspection. We build, design, and sell the entire solution ourselves – from large sensor arrays to specialized electronics, to our visualization and analytics software.
Building on its commercial success, the company just raised a very large financing round to begin scaling the technology to new product-lines in new industries and applications. We recently began construction of a new 52,000 sq ft head office facility in North Vancouver and are growing quickly. We invite you to come join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reason’s you will like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are well funded by solid financial backers and customers through highly differentiated technology that has already been proven out in the real world. We just raised a round from one of the largest privately held companies in the world for a large commercial expansion and new product-line development.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We’re in the process of opening US Offices, launching several new product-lines and hiring a high-performing team of people. We are not a small start-up company and are in the process of maturing into a fast-growing medium-sized business.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We are currently opening US offices, beginning in Houston.
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Fulltime role
- Full benefits
- Competitive vacation