We are looking for a Product Manager with prior experience in planning the development of portable non-destructive testing (NDT) tools. This role will be based out of DarkVision’s head office in North Vancouver, Canada and will report to our VP Product and Marketing. The successful candidate will be involved in the planning and managing of one of our new ultrasound imaging tool product lines, as well as the rollout of other planned future products.
This position will manage the full product lifecycle. This will include performing market analysis (customer, industry, and regulatory requirements gathering), conceptualizing products, developing measurable business strategies, partnering with our Engineering team to create product specifications, as well as producing case studies and technical papers. Prior Engineering experience coupled with a thorough understanding of NDT equipment landscape will be required.
- Product Requirements & Specifications: Responsible for researching, analyzing, and documenting product specifications and requirements. It will be your responsibility to distill and disseminate large amounts of technical and non-technical information to the executive team leading up to and during the product launch. This will include the gathering information on end-users, regulatory requirements, technical experts, and anything in between.
- Product Strategy: Create and execute product strategy for our NDT tool product line. Determine and plan product lifecycle based on thorough market analysis and feedback from both our R&D teams and executive team.
- Competitive Analysis: Perform competitive analysis of the portable NDT equipment space, including competitors, pricing strategies, and product positioning.
- Roadmap Development / Management: Partner with R&D to create and maintain product roadmaps, acting as the intermediary between our clients and R&D. Responsible for continuously updating roadmap timelines and plans, accounting for changes to the competitive landscape, organizational strategy, and R&D’s feedback.
- Go-to-market Planning: Spearhead the go-to-market planning for our NDT tool, working with our sales team to ensure our product positioning is in line with market expectations.
- Market Analysis: Plan and execute ongoing market analysis for both our current and prospective products.
- Reporting: Provide ongoing reports regarding the competitive landscape, target markets, and client feedback, and relaying all pertinent findings to Management.
- Engineering Degree
- Prior experience managing or developing an NDT tool product line is required.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Prior experience in phased array ultrasonic technologies would be a bonus.
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Fulltime role
- Full benefits
- Competitive vacation allotment
DarkVision Technologies Inc. was founded in 2013 by a group of experienced entrepreneurs who have a track record of developing and commercializing imaging technologies for industrial markets. DarkVision has developed the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform and is packaging it into different product-lines to solve the industry’s most challenging problems.
The company has proven its first successful product-line for tubular infrastructure inspection. DarkVision’s initial product has already won multiple industry awards, been featured in top publications, and generated significant revenue. Our team consists of experts from machine vision, medical imaging, aerospace, and computer graphics sectors who are building today’s most advanced technology platform for industrial imaging and asset integrity-related inspection. We build, design, and sell the entire solution ourselves – from large sensor arrays to specialized electronics, to our visualization and analytics software.
Building on its commercial success, the company recently raised a very large financing round to begin scaling the technology to new product-lines in new industries and applications. We recently began construction of a new 52,000 sq ft head office facility in Vancouver and are growing quickly. We invite you to come join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reason’s you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are well funded by solid financial backers and customers through highly differentiated technology that has already been proven out in the real world. We just raised a round from one of the largest privately held companies in the world for a large commercial expansion and new product-line development.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We’re in the process of opening US Offices, launching several new product-lines and hiring a high-performing team of people. We are not a small start-up company and are in the process of maturing into a fast-growing medium-sized business.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We are currently opening US offices, beginning in Houston.