We are looking to add an Office Manager to our fast-growing team! This role will manage a wide assortment of duties and be the key point of contact for anything concerning DarkVision’s global offices. Reporting to our People, Talent and Culture Lead, the successful candidate will help ensure a continued top-notch employee experience for DarkVision’s staff by making our offices world class, and a place that is recognized as a great place to work.
This role will encompass standard office management tasks and the many things that go into creating an awesome work environment. It will also include owning more complex projects such as the move to our great new 52,000sqft office space and organizing epic corporate events for our team.
Ideally, you will be looking for a role where you can leverage both your organizational and people skills. If you are someone who takes ownership of their work, you can expect to be given significant freedom to make the decisions necessary for you to excel in your position. You should be able to handle ambiguity well and not be afraid to admit when you don’t understand something, asking for help when you need it. You should enjoy planning your calendar for the week but understand that there are times when unforeseen tasks can arise that require you to adjust your schedule on the go.
The person in this role will interact with staff in our 3 global locations across our growing 60+ person company, as well as with external vendors. As such we require someone with great communication skills who enjoys working with people. This role is to be based out of our North Vancouver office.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
Everything & Anything: There will be a wide assortment of standard and not-so-standard tasks that you’ll be expected to complete. No task will be either above or beneath you. These could include:
- Managing office projects: You’ll oversee all office projects/changes/renovations, etc. as well as day to day office management.
- Organizing company events: Manage our quarterly company BBQs and plan and execute our offsite corporate retreats.
- Shipping, receiving and greeting: You will help our team with shipping & receiving packages and people!
- Administrative duties: You will oversee all incoming/outgoing mail, ordering office supplies, and helping with travel and expenses for key staff
- Multi-tasking: As described above, you will be expected to perform a very wide range of tasks, often jumping between them on short notice.
- Highly Organized: You’ll need to be extremely well organized. This role will be handling a number of critical business procedures and errors are likely to cause significant disruptions.
- Sense of Humour: We do important work here, but also don’t take ourselves too seriously! If this sounds like you, you may be a great fit!
- General Competence: At DarkVision, there is a very high bar for general all-round competence and ability to get things done quickly, thoroughly, and effectively without compromising on quality.
- Embrace Technology: As a tech company, we use computer system for most of our work. You should be computer literate and adaptable enough to learn new technologies.
DarkVision Technologies Inc. was founded in 2013 by a group of experienced entrepreneurs with a track record of developing and commercializing imaging technologies for industrial markets. DarkVision has developed the world’s most advanced ultrasound-based imaging platform and is packaging it into different product-lines to solve the industry’s most challenging problems.
The company has proven its first successful product-line for tubular infrastructure inspection. DarkVision’s initial product has already won multiple industry awards, been featured in top publications, and generated significant revenue. Our team consists of experts from machine vision, medical imaging, aerospace, and computer graphics sectors who are building today’s most advanced technology platform for industrial imaging and asset integrity-related inspection. We build, design, and sell the entire solution ourselves – from large sensor arrays to specialized electronics, to our visualization and analytics software.
Building on its commercial success, the company raised a very large financing round to begin scaling the technology to new product-lines, industries, and applications. We recently began construction of a new 52,000 sq ft head office facility in Vancouver and are growing quickly. We invite you to come join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reason’s you will like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are well funded by solid financial backers and customers through highly differentiated technology that has already been proven out in the real world. We just raised a round from one of the largest privately held companies in the world for a large commercial expansion and new product-line development.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We’re in the process of opening US Offices, launching several new product-lines and hiring a high-performing team of people.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in North Vancouver.
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Fulltime role
- Full benefits plan paid for by the company
- Competitive vacation allowance