We are looking for multiple Data Analysts who will be based out of DarkVision’s head office in North Vancouver, Canada. The successful candidates will work collaboratively within the Data Team to analyze our high-resolution oil & gas imaging data, creating actionable reports, 3D images, detailed models, and quantifiable data that our customers use to make multi-million-dollar operational decisions for their wells. No experience in this type of role is necessary, as the focus is on attitude, aptitude, and raw ability versus specific experience in a similar role. We’re looking for someone who is smart, keen, and is a detail-oriented fanatic regarding data deliverables.
This position plays a crucial role in distilling data into useful, actionable information for the customer. This includes processing the 3D data into reports, including writeups of high-level findings, and detailed descriptions to compliment the imagery presented. As an analyst responsible for customer deliverables, you’ll be expected to have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be extremely meticulous, methodical, and thorough in your analysis. If you’re hard working, highly detail oriented, are a stickler for details, and like to crunch data that impresses customers, this is the perfect role for you.
- Data Processing: Our tool gathers a lot of high-resolution data. This data requires processing and analysis using our proprietary software to output 3D visualizations and quantifiable imagery of features and defects that are critical to customers’ wells.
- Generating Actionable Content: Part of the data analysis includes generating images, videos, and 3D visualizations to help the customer envision the state of their wells in a compelling and actionable way. Prior experience producing 3D renderings in Blender or Meshlab will be considered a strong asset.
- Report writing: Our data is distilled in-part into reports with written content that is delivered to customers to facilitate decisions and explain critical details described in the images.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Hard working and occasional odd hours. Customer jobs can arise at any time, and they often need answers as quickly as possible. As such, this analyst position may include occasional working evenings or weekends, outside of typical office hours.
- Attention to extreme detail. Applicant needs to be meticulous, methodical, exact, and thorough in their analysis, with little to no mistakes made.
- No work experience is required
- Technical diploma or degree
- Willing and able to work out of DarkVision's North Vancouver head office.
- MATLAB experience
- Blender or Meshlab experience.
- Image processing experience
- Experience with 3D data
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Fulltime role
- Full benefits
- Competitive vacation