We are looking for a dynamic manufacturing leader to join our growing team as Director of Operations. This newly created position will play a critical role in our continued expansion of high-resolution ultrasound products. The position requires a talented individual who can communicate with other leaders in the organization and plan the growth of our operations team. The successful candidate will be comfortable taking on both strategic and tactical work, they will have a proven track record of building teams and be willing to pitch in wherever needed to succeed.
This position will be responsible for the production and servicing of our ultrasonic imaging products as well as the associated tools and equipment used by our field teams. You will be responsible for wearing many hats, hiring and training team members as we continue to grow. Daily communication and collaboration with sales, field, and engineering teams will be needed to make sure the needed equipment is built, updated and ready. During the early stages of this role, there will be an expectation for the successful candidate to participate in some hands-on assembly in order to learn the nuances of our manufacturing processes.
- Manage production and servicing of DarkVision’s ultrasonic imaging products.
- Oversee hiring, onboarding, and training for Manufacturing team members.
- Collaborate with engineering and field teams to understand upcoming design changes, product roadmaps, and field requirements for DarkVision’s services.
- Organize and manage shipping and receiving of parts and tools to meet services delivery needs, plan and hiring for long-term shipping & receiving needs.
- Learn current manufacturing processes, update standard operating procedure materials, and present suggestions on improvements.
- Assess and implement changes to procurement practices.
- 5+ years of diverse manufacturing experience in complex electromechanical products
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Knowledge of mechanical and electronics supply chains
- Experience managing delivery schedules and planning future growth of including workforce, materials, and tools
- Previous experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineering, and Quality Assurance will all be considered as assets
DarkVision Technologies Inc. was founded in 2013 by a group of experienced entrepreneurs with a track record of developing and commercializing imaging technologies for industrial markets. DarkVision has developed the world’s most advanced ultrasound-based imaging platform and is packaging it into different product-lines to solve the industry’s most challenging problems.
The company has proven its first successful product-line for tubular infrastructure inspection. DarkVision’s initial product has already won multiple industry awards, been featured in top publications, and generated significant revenue. Our team consists of experts from machine vision, medical imaging, aerospace, and computer graphics sectors who are building today’s most advanced technology platform for industrial imaging and asset integrity-related inspection. We build, design, and sell the entire solution ourselves – from large sensor arrays to specialized electronics, to our visualization and analytics software.
Building on its commercial success, the company just raised a very large financing round to begin scaling the technology to new product-lines in new industries and applications. We recently began construction of a new 52,000 sq ft head office facility in North Vancouver and are growing quickly. We invite you to come join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reason’s you will like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are well funded by solid financial backers and customers through highly differentiated technology that has already been proven out in the real world. We just raised a round from one of the largest privately held companies in the world for a large commercial expansion and new product-line development.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We’re in the process of opening US Offices, launching several new product-lines and hiring a high-performing team of people. We are not a small start-up company and are in the process of maturing into a fast-growing medium-sized business.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We are currently opening US offices, beginning in Houston.
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Fulltime role
- Full benefits
- Competitive vacation