We are looking for a Product Manager who will be responsible for helping lead the development of our future downhole tools. This role will be based out of DarkVision’s head office in Vancouver, Canada. Reporting to our VP Product and Marketing, the successful candidate will be involved in managing the continuous improvement, strategy, and roadmap of our industry-leading downhole imaging technology as we expand into new geographies and applications.
This will include: performing market analysis (customer, industry, and regulatory requirements gathering), conducting competitor research, conceptualizing products, and partnering with our Engineering team to define product specifications and targets. The role will also include championing and documenting product results, producing case studies, technical papers, and leading product launches with new and existing customers . An engineering background, coupled with a thorough understanding of cased-hole logging technologies, completions, and/or asset integrity would be a key asset.
- Roadmap Development / Management: Partner with R&D to create and maintain product roadmaps for service offerings that incorporate both hardware and software elements, acting as the intermediary between our clients and R&D Responsible for continuously updating roadmap timelines and plans, accounting for changes to the competitive landscape, organizational strategy, and R&D’s feedback. You will be involved in the whole product lifecycle, from ideation to launch.
- Product Requirements & Specifications: Responsible for researching, analyzing, and documenting product specifications and requirements. It will be your responsibility to distill and disseminate large amounts of technical and non-technical information to the executive team leading up to and during the product launch. This will include gathering information on end-users, regulatory requirements, technical experts, and anything in between from discussions with Sales, R&D, and Clients
- Product Strategy: Create and execute product strategy for our downhole acoustic imaging product line. Determine and plan product lifecycle based on thorough market analysis and feedback from both our R&D and executive teams. Manage tradeoffs and prioritize elements of the downhole product line in response to changing market demands and internal conversations between engineering and our executive group.
- Managing Product Scope: Able to understand and communicate the technical complexity, timelines, and business value of all facets of the product, making trade-offs to maximize value. Plan, communicate, and deliver actionable goals for product features to the R&D team.
- Competitive & Market Analysis: Perform ongoing competitive analysis of the cased-hole logging industry, including pricing strategies and product positioning.
- Reporting: Provide ongoing verbal and written reports regarding the competitive landscape, target markets, and client feedback, and relaying all pertinent findings to Management.
- Engineering Degree strongly preferred.
- Prior experience managing or developing downhole or adjacent-industry tools is required.
- Prior experience overseeing product development including both hardware and software elements
- Solid business and technical aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Prior experience in ultrasonic technologies would be a bonus.
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Fulltime role
- Full benefits
- Competitive vacation allotment
DarkVision Technologies Inc. was founded in 2013 by a group of experienced entrepreneurs who have a track record of developing and commercializing imaging technologies for industrial markets. DarkVision has developed the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform and is packaging it into different product-lines to solve the industry’s most challenging problems.
The company has proven its first successful product-line for tubular infrastructure inspection. DarkVision’s initial product has already won multiple industry awards, been featured in top publications, and generated significant revenue. Our team consists of experts from machine vision, medical imaging, aerospace, and computer graphics sectors who are building today’s most advanced technology platform for industrial imaging and asset integrity-related inspection. We build, design, and sell the entire solution ourselves – from large sensor arrays to specialized electronics, to our visualization and analytics software.
Building on its commercial success, the company just raised a very large financing round to begin scaling the technology to new product-lines in new industries and applications. We recently began construction of a new 52,000 sq ft head office facility in Vancouver and are growing quickly. We invite you to come join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reason’s you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are well funded by solid financial backers and customers through highly differentiated technology that has already been proven out in the real world. We just raised a round from one of the largest privately held companies in the world for a large commercial expansion and new product-line development.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We’re in the process of opening US Offices, launching several new product-lines and hiring a high-performing team of people. We are not a small start-up company and are in the process of maturing into a fast-growing medium-sized business.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We are currently opening US offices, beginning in Houston.