We are looking for an enthusiastic Logistics Coordinator to join our growing manufacturing operations team. This newly created position will play a critical role in our continued growth, by streamlining and overseeing our inbound and outbound Airfreight, Ocean Freight and Cross-Border shipments. The position requires a talented individual who has a meticulous attention to detail, is organized, and persistent. The successful individual will bring a track record of managing logistics and purchasing, as well as a desire to work in a collaborative setting. This role will include a blend of hands-on shipping/receiving, and general logistics planning/management, we require someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get the job done.
Reporting to the Director of Manufacturing Operations this position will be responsible for all aspects of shipping, receiving, QC and inventory control.
- Coordinate and process inbound and outgoing Airfreight, Ocean Freight, Cross-Border shipment.
- Completing import and export shipping documents (i.e. bills of lading etc.);
- Maintain an accurate log of delivery locations, items in transit, and any other details pertaining to shipment delivery
- Advising requester of their current shipment status.
- Monitor delivery schedules from manufacturers and adjust priorities as required
- Responsible for purchasing a variety of complex or technical parts or services. Complete the purchase of production and/or non-production materials according to schedules or purchase requisitions.
- Coordinate suppliers to meet production/project goals regarding quality, delivery, and cost.
- Ensure parts are quickly received and expedited to appropriate Parts Advisor
- Label parts with proper parts number prior to binning and place in storage
- Update ERP of daily activities
Required skills and experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Logistics, Inventory and Purchasing. Must have at least Logistics and Purchasing experience.
- Prior experience working within an ERP system.
- Able to lift up to 30lbs
- Proficiency with MS Office including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Able and willing to do both desk and hands-on work.
DarkVision Technologies Inc. was founded in 2013 by a group of experienced entrepreneurs with a track record of developing and commercializing imaging technologies for industrial markets. DarkVision has developed the world’s most advanced ultrasound-based imaging platform and is packaging it into different product-lines to solve the industry’s most challenging problems.
The company has proven its first successful product-line for tubular infrastructure inspection. DarkVision’s initial product has already won multiple industry awards, been featured in top publications, and generated significant revenue. Our team consists of experts from machine vision, medical imaging, aerospace, and computer graphics sectors who are building today’s most advanced technology platform for industrial imaging and asset integrity-related inspection. We build, design, and sell the entire solution ourselves – from large sensor arrays to specialized electronics, to our visualization and analytics software.
Building on its commercial success, the company raised a very large financing round has has begun scaling the technology to new product-lines in new industries and applications. We are in the process of building a new 52,000 sq ft head office facility in Vancouver and are growing quickly. We invite you to come join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reason’s you will like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are well funded by solid financial backers and customers through highly differentiated technology that has already been proven out in the real world. We just raised a round from one of the largest privately held companies in the world for a large commercial expansion and new product-line development.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We’re in the process of opening US Offices, launching several new product-lines and hiring a high-performing team of people. We are not a small start-up company and are in the process of maturing into a fast-growing medium-sized business.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We are currently opening US offices, beginning in Houston.
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Fulltime role
- Full benefits
- Competitive vacation