We are looking for a Field Deployment Specialist who will be based out of our upcoming Midland Texas office. You will be responsible for deploying DarkVision’s technology in a range of different jobs and well types, primarily in the Permian Basin. You’ll be working with a wide variety of oil and gas operators, service companies, deployments systems and personnel and will be personally responsible for the successful execution of each job.
The most important characteristic of the successful candidate is that they are very hard-working and a self-starter. Also, the ability to travel and spend lots of time in the field is an absolute must in this role. You’ll be supported by our Operations and Engineering teams, but you’ll be the person on-site who’s responsible for the job itself along with communications to the customer.
- Everything & Anything: There will be a wide assortment of standard and not-so-standard tasks that you’ll be expected to complete, both inside and outside the typical field deployment umbrella. There’s an entrepreneurial side to the role, so no task will be either above or beneath you.
- Deployments: Successfully deploy the technology in wells, including mobilization, rig-up, rig-down, communications with site personnel, service companies and ultimately oversee the deployment of the products in each customer’s well.
- Travel: The successful candidate will travel throughout the US, but will primarily work in the Permian Basin. They may also travel internationally, to deploy the technology with various oil and gas operators. Travel is a key component of the job, and a flexible personal-life that can support a career where time away from home is the norm is an absolute must. If you don’t want to be out of town, you shouldn’t apply for this job.
- Preparation for Jobs: Ensuring that tools, parts, trucks, and critical equipment are checked, cleaned, calibrated, and verified for each job is a natural part of deploying the technology. Taking care of the tools, fixing, cleaning, testing, and refurbishing.
- Communications: Quick, clear, and effective communication with customers, site personnel and DarkVision staff is your responsibility. This is to ensure deployments are successful and everyone has the information they need.
- Troubleshooting: Deploying new technology naturally comes with the necessity to troubleshoot new problems that arise on-site in real-time. You’ll be supported by the engineering and operations teams, but the ability to figure things out quickly, improvise and succeed under pressure will be critical to overall job success. The capacity to both anticipate and solve field problems is paramount.
- Product Input & Feedback: Provide feedback and ideas on how to improve the product, technology, and operational processes to increase efficiency, quality, and scalability of the overall business. Feedback from the field is critical and will be incorporated directly into the engineering team to improve existing and future products.
- Wireline/Logging Experience: Experience deploying other logging technologies using wireline, tractor, coil, and various other deployment methods. This would ideally be experience from within the Permian region.
- Must be located in the Permian area, no rotation or housing provided. Extensive experience working with Permian operators and service companies is a must.
- Oil Field Service Experience: General experience with downhole equipment, well construction, completions etc. would be another important asset.
- Technical Background: A technical or engineering background would be helpful in better understanding the technology and how it works, however is not a hard requirement.
- Career-Focused: If you’re looking to work hard, advance your career, get paid well while learning lots about downhole imaging, you’ve come to the right place.
- Ability to Travel: There is a significant amount of time away from home travelling and performing work in the field. The successful candidate must be able and willing to perform large amounts of fieldwork in a sustainable manner.
- Growth Potential & Career Advancement: DarkVision is experiencing rapid growth with a wide variety of new technologies, products, and markets. There are significant opportunities for increased responsibility, increased pay and career advancement as the company continues to expand its staffing, product-lines, technologies, and operations.
- Technology Enthusiast: DarkVision works on some very new, innovative, and complex technologies. We also leverage all kinds of the latest tools and technologies across our business (we are after all a technology company that just happens to be in the oil field service business). The desire to learn, play with and embrace new technologies and software systems is part of being a DarkVision employee.
- Communication Skills: The ability to clearly communicate problems, concerns, and discrepancies to stakeholders in a direct but diplomatic way is a natural part of the role.
- Sense of Humour: At DarkVision we have a very casual, funny, and sometimes sarcastic culture. If you’re someone that’s easily offended, especially by un-offensive things, this is not the place for you. If you find this statement offensive, that’s a good litmus test for not-applying.
- Competitive salary or Higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Fulltime role
- Full benefits
- Competitive vacation allowance
DarkVision Technologies Inc. was founded in 2013 by a group of experienced entrepreneurs with a track record of developing and commercializing imaging technologies for industrial markets. DarkVision has developed the world’s most advanced ultrasound-based imaging platform and is packaging it into different product-lines to solve the industry’s most challenging problems.
The company has proven its first successful product-line for tubular infrastructure inspection. DarkVision’s initial product has already won multiple industry awards, been featured in top publications, and generated significant revenue. Our team consists of experts from machine vision, medical imaging, aerospace, and computer graphics sectors who are building today’s most advanced technology platform for industrial imaging and asset integrity-related inspection. We build, design, and sell the entire solution ourselves – from large sensor arrays to specialized electronics, to our visualization and analytics software.
Building on its commercial success, the company raised a very large financing round is scaling the technology to new product-lines across multiple industries. We are in the process of building a new 52,000 sq ft head office facility in Vancouver, have offices in Calgary Alberta and Houston Texas, and are growing quickly. We invite you to come join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reason’s you will like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are well funded by solid financial backers and customers through highly differentiated technology that has already been proven out in the real world. We just raised a round from one of the largest privately held companies in the world for a large commercial expansion and new product-line development.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We’ve recently opened our US Office, we’re launching several new product-lines and hiring a high-performing team of people. We are not a small start-up company and are in the process of maturing into a fast-growing medium-sized business.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We continue to see growth in the Canadian market with our Calgary office and have recently expanded into the US, starting with a new office in Houston, TX.