This is not your average Product Management role. DarkVision’s Product Champions have a broad range of responsibilities that require a high degree of technical acuity and business acumen. The successful candidate will have significant influence on the development and commercialization of our highly advanced imaging devices and how they are brought to market..
If you are currently working in Completions Engineering, Well Optimization, Asset Integrity, or a related occupation and would like to play a pivotal role in planning and developing leading edge downhole imaging tools – please apply!
If you are intelligent and driven to make a difference, we want to hear from you – no prior Product Management experience is required. This is a great opportunity to join a world-class team who are revolutionizing critical asset integrity management.
This role will be based out of DarkVision’s head office in Vancouver, Canada. Reporting to our VP Product and Marketing, the successful candidate will be involved in managing all continuous improvement, strategy, and roadmapping of our industry-leading downhole imaging technology as we continue to expand into new geographies and applications.
- Business Development & Planning: Keep DarkVision’s value proposition front and center through the development of business models, 5-year plans, technical papers, case studies, and other documentation that requires a blend of business acumen and technical know-how. Plan and articulate market entry strategies and key messaging for different geographies.
- Roadmap Development / Management: Partner with R&D to create and maintain product roadmaps for service offerings that incorporate both hardware and software elements, acting as the intermediary between our clients and R&D Responsible for continuously updating roadmap timelines and plans, accounting for changes to the competitive landscape, organizational strategy, and R&D’s feedback. You will be involved in the whole product lifecycle, from ideation to launch.
- Product Requirements & Specifications: Responsible for researching, analyzing, and documenting product specifications and requirements. It will be your responsibility to distill and disseminate large amounts of technical and non-technical information to the executive team leading up to and during the product launch. This will include gathering information on end-users, regulatory requirements, technical experts, and anything in between from discussions with Sales, R&D, and Clients
- Product Strategy: Create and execute product strategy for our downhole acoustic imaging product line. Determine and plan product lifecycle based on thorough market analysis and feedback from both our R&D and executive teams. Manage tradeoffs and prioritize elements of the downhole product line in response to changing market demands and internal conversations between engineering and our executive group.
- Managing Product Scope: Able to understand and communicate the technical complexity, timelines, and business value of all facets of the product, making trade-offs to maximize value. Plan, communicate, and deliver actionable goals for product features to the R&D team.
- Competitive & Market Analysis: Perform ongoing competitive analysis of the cased-hole logging industry, including pricing strategies and product positioning.
- Engineering or Technical Degree preferred.
- Prior exposure to electromechanical systems an asset.
- Solid business and technical aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Prior experience in ultrasonic or other NDT technologies would be a bonus.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Full benefits package.
- Competitive vacation allotment
- Flexible work environment.
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a BC-based tech company that has been disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform and are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets.
Backed by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in North America, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products.
We provide employees the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications and invite you to join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reason’s you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries - North America’s largest privately held company and are actively working with top-tier operators across North America.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are in the process of launching several new product lines and as a result have more than doubled our headcount over the last year.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will soon be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We have recently opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded into the US, starting with a new office in Houston, TX.