DarkVision is looking for a talented Engineer to lead our embedded systems development. This role will be responsible for developing embedded linux software and microcontroller-based firmware for our state of the art ultrasonic imaging platforms.
You will be the primary technical point-of-contact for all of DarkVision’s embedded systems development. You will be responsible for the direction and mentorship of engineers developing embedded software. You will also oversee the software architecture and establish quality standards for our embedded systems.
You should love writing modern C++ and have experience with code and algorithm optimizations for power-sensitive applications. We are looking for a smart, fast learner, who has the desire grow in a fast-moving technology environment.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Be the primary technical point-of-contact for all of DarkVision’s embedded systems.
- Be responsible for the direction and mentorship of Engineers developing embedded software.
- Build Ultrasonic image capture software on an Arm64 embedded Linux platform.
- Work alongside Project Management to define goals and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science.
- C++ 11/14 Programming experience.
- Experience with some form of low-level device programming.
- Experience optimizing algorithms for performance.
Opportunities to learn:
- Embedded Linux development (bootloader, device tree, kernel drivers, Yocto etc.)
- Interfacing with hardware devices and low-level interfaces.
- Network programming and IOT technologies.
- Video encoder codecs and pipelines.
- DSP, GPU, SIMD algorithm development and optimization.
- Beamforming and classification algorithms using dedicated DSP and GPU devices.
- Image Processing, Computer Vision and Graphics Programming.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Full benefits package.
- Competitive vacation allotment
- Flexible work environment.
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a BC-based tech company that has been disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform and are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets.
Backed by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in North America, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products.
We provide employees the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications and invite you to join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reason’s you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries - North America’s largest privately held company and are actively working with top-tier customers across North America.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are in the process of launching several new product lines and as a result have more than doubled our headcount over the last year.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will soon be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We have recently opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded into the US, starting with a new office in Houston, TX.