We are looking for a curious and motivated researcher/scientist to join our advanced research team and work on our upcoming products. The right candidate is a creative individual with good attention to details who has a strong theoretical background and is passionate about solving real world problems. The position will focus heavily on scientific research as well as running simulation and experiments related to variety of ultrasound imaging modes.
This position will provide you with an opportunity to explore and design innovative imaging ideas and concepts from ideation all the way into development, verification, and validation. In this position, you will be working in a multidisciplinary team of individuals who work on state-of-the-art ultrasound imaging solutions. The ideal candidate is both scientific minded and pragmatic. Someone who has the desire to learn, work, and grow in a fast-paced technology environment.
- Solid understanding of ultrasound imaging techniques and advanced beamforming algorithms,
- Solid understanding of different signal processing and image processing algorithms,
- Proficiency in MATLAB, Python, or other scientific programming language,
- Hands on experience with software and algorithm development,
- Hands-on experience with running simulation and setting up experiments to evaluate different ideas,
- Great communication and presentations skills,
- Master’s or PhD degree in Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, or other related fields.
- Experience with ultrasound in industrial applications (NDT),
- Experience with existing ultrasound simulation software namely Field II, K-wave, and CIVA
- Experience with existing ultrasound research systems such as SonixRP, Verasonics, or SARUS
- Comfortable with C/C++ programming in Visual Studio environment with clean coding style
- Familiarity with 2D/3D data visualization tools
- Relevant portfolio (past projects and publications) related to the field of ultrasound imaging.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Full benefits package.
- Competitive vacation allotment
- Flexible work environment.
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a BC-based tech company that has been disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform and are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets.
Backed by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in North America, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products.
We provide employees the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications and invite you to join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reason’s you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries - North America’s largest privately held company and are actively working with top-tier operators across North America.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are in the process of launching several new product lines and as a result have more than doubled our headcount over the last year.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will soon be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We have recently opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded into the US, starting with a new office in Houston, TX.