We are looking to add a US Sales Engineer who will report directly to our VP of Sales in Houston, Texas. The US Sales Engineer role will encompass a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities, depending on the successful applicants’ skillset, aptitude, ability, and experience. You will be working directly with DarkVision’s VP of Sales and will engage on a regular basis with the DarkVision executive team, our marketing and product managers, and the rest of the DarkVision sales and business development team to drive downhole revenue and introduce DarkVision’s unique technology platforms to the US onshore and offshore markets.
The candidate will ideally be based in Houston, Texas, however an exceptional candidate with the ability to deliver top-tier results while working remotely from another customer center will also be considered.
There will be significant flexibility and freedom in this role, along with significant growth potential, so someone looking to use that freedom to significantly advance their career will be an ideal candidate. The ability to align with the company’s strategy, make long-term decisions, plan methodically, ask informed questions, and understand the details of the market/product/technology/applications will be highly valued.
We are not looking for a candidate that is impulsive, fast talking, tire-spinning, “experienced”, or likes to shoot-from-the-hip. A skilled, competent, professional with great fundamentals, will be preferred over someone with a “deep rolodex”. Of course, a solid track record of historical success is desirable as the successful candidate will quickly become a cornerstone of the sales organization as we continue the rapid expansion of the DarkVision business within North America.
- Analysis & Strategy: Working directly with the VP of Sales and The VP of Product & Marketing, you will be driving and developing market roll-out plans, competitive reconnaissance, strategic positioning, market analysis, and overall sales/marketing plans for the company as it continues to scale-up operations, first locally and then internationally.
- Product Input: The company is working on a very large and complex product roadmap. The successful candidate will contribute to key discussions, decisions, and prioritizations of products, and technologies to maximize the overall impact of the company’s resources.
- Meeting People: The successful candidate will foster relationships with existing, new, and prospective clients. You will have a wide variety of interactions with customers, including sales calls, new inquiry meetings, partnership discussions, and account management across the US.
- Networking: There are a wide variety of oil and gas shows, conferences, and workshops across North America that the successful candidate will be attending. Travel and flexibility within the US will be a big part of the role in the medium term. If you have major travel restrictions, this is not the role for you.
- Marketing Material Input: Depending on the skills and experience of the successful candidate, they will contribute to key marketing materials, including customer case-studies, conference papers, presentations, website content, videos, and other critical materials that relate to the product/market.
- Everything & Anything: There will be a wide assortment of standard and not-so-standard tasks that you may be expected to complete, both inside and outside the typical sales umbrella. There’s an entrepreneurial side to the role, so no task will be either above or beneath you or anyone else in the company.
- What It Is Not: We are looking for individuals who are laser-focused on what they do best, delivering a top-tier customer experience with cutting edge technology while driving up top line sales. You will not be expected to invoice-chase or endlessly forecast weekly revenue numbers.
- Technical Background: A technical or engineering background would be helpful to better understand the technology and how it works. (Not necessary, but certainly an asset)
- Downhole & Logging Experience: Experience selling downhole diagnostic and logging services that are competitive or complimentary to DarkVision’s ultrasound-based imaging technology. (Not necessary, but an asset)
- Hard Working Self Starter: The successful candidate will be someone that is highly driven, and career focused. There is a lot of flexibility and freedom in this role, so a self-starter who is proactive in finding areas to add value for the company is an absolute must. Ultimately your success and development within DarkVision will be entirely in-line with your aptitude and work ethic.
- Strategic & Professional: The successful candidate will be able to align their priorities and daily tasks with the company goals and overall strategy. The product-line is a complex technology, presented and sold to professional engineers, and you’ll be representing the company’s brand, values, and integrity. Smart, thoughtful, methodical, and calculated decision making is a critical aspect for top performance in the role.
- Communication Skills: The ability to speak, write, and communicate clearly, professionally, and effectively for different audiences would help any candidate excel in the role. You will be the face of the DarkVision brand and clear concise communication will be critical for both internal and external stakeholders.
- General Competence: At DarkVision, there is a very high bar for general all-round competence and ability to get things done quickly, thoroughly, and effectively without compromising on quality. If you enjoy working with smart, talented, motivated people and making big contributions to a winning team, then DarkVision is likely a great place for you.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Full benefits package.
- Competitive vacation allotment
- Flexible work environment.
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a BC-based tech company that has been disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform and are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets.
Backed by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in North America, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products.
We provide employees the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications and invite you to join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reason’s you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries - North America’s largest privately held company and are actively working with top-tier operators across North America.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are in the process of launching several new product lines and as a result have more than doubled our headcount year over year.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will soon be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We have recently opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded our US presence with offices in Houston and Midland, TX.