DarkVision’s ultrasound imaging system collects huge datasets on the order of hundreds of gigabytes that are several kilometers long where a defect may be on the order of a few mm. It is essential that we develop algorithms for automated processing, measuring, classification and visualization of this data since manual processing is both time consuming and inconsistent.
As a Machine Learning Scientist, you will be involved in researching, designing and implementing deep learning architectures that learn efficient generalizable representations for several tasks including classification, regression, segmentation and object detection. You will report to our Director of Machine Learning and be responsible for developing machine learning pipelines for continuous training, evaluation and deployment of deep learning models.
Our management process is light and generally milestone driven, using pseudo-agile sprints derived from our quarterly and yearly goals. All goals are internally generated with plenty of room for feedback.
Responsibilities: (included, but not limited to)
- Data Analysis: Work closely with experts of our Data team to explore & organize data, write required preprocessing code.
- Research: Research & develop new deep learning architectures and responsible for end-to-end training of our AI models such as CNNs, Autoencoders, and Transformer models etc. targeting object detection, instance segmentation, semantic segmentation and many more.
- Development: Develop cloud-based iterative pipelines for image pre-processing, data-augmentation, training, post-processing and inference.
- Deploy: Deploy ML algorithms in conjunction with other members of the Software Team for our Data Team to use and implement tools to monitor the performance.
- Monitor: Continuously monitor success matrices of the assigned ML project and make continuous improvements for increasing model robustness & efficiency.
- Master’s degree in computer science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent, PhD preferred.
- Strong analytical skills in linear algebra, geometry, and statistics.
- Experience developing Image Processing and conventional Computer Vision algorithms (OpenCV).
- Experience developing Deep Learning Models for Computer Vision tasks.
- Good working knowledge of one or more Machine Learning Frameworks (TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch etc.)
- Experience with Python beyond basic Machine Learning scripting (i.e., Numpy and Pandas).
- Strong communication and data presentation skills.
Opportunities to learn:
- AWS services like Sagemaker, Batch, Lambda.
- Training models with imbalanced datasets.
- Training semantic and/or instance segmentation models.
- Latest advancements in Computer Vision.
- Developing with C++.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Full benefits package.
- Competitive vacation allotment
- Flexible work environment.
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a BC-based tech company that has been disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform and are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets.
Backed by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in North America, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products.
We provide employees the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications and invite you to join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reason’s you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries - North America’s largest privately held company and are actively working with top-tier operators across North America.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are in the process of launching several new product lines and as a result have more than doubled our headcount over the last year.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will soon be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We have recently opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded into the US with offices in Houston and Midland, TX.