We are hiring multiple Manufacturing Technicians to join our manufacturing operations in North Vancouver. This highly skilled team gets to work on a wide range of bleeding edge technologies in a great work environment that prioritizes the employee experience. The successful candidates will do everything and anything necessary to support our manufacturing, product development and research. This is a hands-on position with a strong focus on production, assembly, and testing.
You will be expected to learn and carry out a variety of unique, hands-on tasks, and as a result you’ll have the opportunity to learn many new skills. If you like variety and enjoy picking up new skills outside of your comfort zone, this is the perfect role for you. You will be joining a great team of Manufacturing Technicians who can help guide and train you as you learn the skills needed to excel in this role!
- Building Small Stuff - Forming and fabricating piezo-electric transducers, micro-soldering, molding, etc.
- Building Big Stuff - Building research apparatus such as test platforms, test jigs, and our core products
- Breaking Stuff - Carrying out experiments and product validation using test equipment. For example, you’ll break stuff in our heated pressure vessel at 10,000 psi and 200 C and then figure out what went wrong!
- Fixing Stuff - Replacing and repairing components, refurbishing downhole tools, etc.
- Ensuring Stuff Works - Our work is highly technical; you should like to learn new technologies while ensuring a high standard of quality in your work.
- Quality Control - Measurement of incoming parts with reference to drawings
- Technology Certificate or Diploma from BCIT or similar technical institute
- No work experience required, but passion and interest are considered an asset (hello side projects!)
- Mechanical aptitude: you have hands on experience in assembly of components, taking things apart and putting them back together again
- Ability to read and comprehend mechanical drawings and schematics
- Ability to read and comprehend wiring diagrams
- Ability to use and understand electronic testing equipment such as multi-meters
- Ability to build components from spec
- Experience in QC and measurement of components
- Experience using hand tools and power tools
- Soldering experience
- Problem solving abilities
- Time management skills
- Experience using Excel and Word
- A meticulous, precise, and detail-orientated approach
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Full benefits package.
- Competitive vacation allotment
- Flexible work environment.
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a BC-based tech company that has been disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform and are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets.
Backed by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in North America, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products.
We provide employees the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications and invite you to join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reasons you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries - North America’s largest privately held company and are actively working with top-tier operators across North America.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are in the process of launching several new product lines and as a result have more than doubled our headcount over the last year.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will soon be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We have recently opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded into the US, with office in Houston and Midland, TX.