We are looking for a Product Director who will be responsible for leading the continued development of our line of downhole tools. This is not your average product role. This position offers a broad range of responsibilities including significant freedom to lead the development, commercialization, and expansion of our high-resolution acoustic imaging technology.
You don’t need to have product management experience to excel in this role. If you are contribution-motivated, driven to make a difference, and enjoy doing whatever it takes to get the job done, then we want to hear from you. We are looking for someone who blends excellent technical understanding with solid business acumen. This is a great opportunity to join a world-class team that is revolutionizing how operators understand the integrity of their multi-million-dollar assets.
This role will be based out of DarkVision’s head office in Vancouver, Canada. Reporting to our VP Product and Marketing, the successful candidate will be involved in managing all continuous improvement, strategy, technical material generation, and road-mapping of our industry-leading downhole imaging technology as we continue to expand into new geographies and applications.
- Drive Product Direction & Development: Partner with R&D to create and maintain product roadmaps for service offerings that incorporate both hardware and software elements. Responsible for managing roadmap timelines and plans, accounting for changes to the competitive landscape, organizational strategy, and R&D’s feedback. You will be involved in the whole product lifecycle, from ideation, to launch, to continuous improvement.
- Own Product Strategy: Create and execute product strategy for our downhole acoustic imaging product line. Determine and plan product lifecycles based on thorough market analysis and feedback from both our R&D and executive teams. Manage tradeoffs and prioritize elements of the downhole product line (including customer deliverables) in response to changing market demands.
- Manage Product Scope: Understand and communicate the technical complexity, timelines, and business value of all product facets. Make trade-offs to maximize value along the way. Plan, communicate, and set actionable goals for product features to the R&D team.
- Know the Competition and Market: Perform ongoing competitive analysis of the cased-hole logging industry, including pricing strategies and product positioning.
- Champion The Tech Externally: Travel to all corners of the world to unveil award-winning papers to new audiences and operators. Ideate, plan, and execute technical papers and associated materials by working with top-tier E&P companies, our data analysts, product markets, and salespeople. You will have the wind at your back; we have amazing customer traction with a highly differentiated product. This type of opportunity doesn’t come around often.
- Engineering or Technical Degree preferred.
- Solid business and technical aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Prior experience in ultrasonic or other NDT technologies would be a bonus.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Full benefits package.
- Up to 8 weeks of vacation (Yes, you read that correctly!)
- Flexible work environment.
- Lots of autonomy, interesting work, industry leading technology.
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a BC-based tech company that has been disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform and are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets.
Backed by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in North America, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products.
We provide employees the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications and invite you to join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reason’s you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries - North America’s largest privately held company and are actively working with top-tier operators across North America.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are in the process of launching several new product lines and as a result have more than doubled our headcount over the last year.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will soon be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We have recently opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded into the US, with offices in Houston and Midland, TX.