We are looking for an Application Engineer who will be responsible for partnering with our Product, Data Analysis, and R&D teams to test and validate our products, provide development input, and help outline new applications for our technology.
The ideal candidate will bring a background in Mechanical Engineering and will enjoy hands-on work with highly technical engineered products. This role will require you to immerse yourself in our tech, working closely with multiple teams to drive business value.
This role will be based out of DarkVision’s head office in Vancouver, Canada. Reporting to our VP Product and Marketing, the successful candidate will lead the testing, validation, and product improvement for our industry-leading imaging technology as we continue to develop new applications in multiple market verticals.
- Testing & Validation – Use DarkVision’s in-house testing apparatus and software to quantify the performance of new and existing high-resolution acoustic imaging product lines. Design, manage, and execute testing plans to validate how our imaging technology performance changes in different environmental scenarios.
- Product Development Input – Work with the data analysis and innovation teams to test hypotheses and new imaging techniques on real-life samples. Be the bridge between cutting edge R&D and customer requirements. Work with Product Managers, Data Analysts, and our extended R&D team to suggest pragmatic improvements to enhance precision and unlock the potential of existing products.
- Discover New Applications – Our technology is cutting edge and captures copious amounts of data. We’re constantly finding new uses for our technology and believe we’ve got significant room for additional growth into new applications. Work with the product team to push the limits with the technology, and influence what applications should be commercialized based on lab results.
- Experimentation Enablement – Assess, recommend, and potentially even design new testing methods, apparatus, and jigs to ensure we have adequate testing coverage for our current and upcoming projects. Oversee the design and ordering of samples, set up and run tests, and perform early prototype analysis.
- Mechanical Engineering or Technical Degree preferred.
- Experience with SolidWorks, Fusion, or AutoCAD required
- Prior exposure to electromechanical systems or NDT fundamentals are an asset.
- Solid business and technical aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Prior experience in ultrasonic or other NDT technologies would be a bonus.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Full benefits package.
- Up to 8 weeks of vacation (Yes, you read that correctly!)
- Flexible work environment.
- Lots of autonomy, interesting work, industry leading technology.
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a BC-based tech company that has been disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform and are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets.
Backed by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in North America, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products.
We provide employees the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications and invite you to join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reason’s you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries - North America’s largest privately held company and are actively working with top-tier operators across North America.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are in the process of launching several new product lines and as a result have more than doubled our headcount over the last year.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will soon be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We have recently opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded into the US, with offices in Houston and Midland, TX.