DarkVision, a Koch Engineered Solutions company, is looking for a Field Deployment Specialist who will be based out of Calgary, AB office and perform work in Canada and the US, with potential to perform work internationally on a temporary assignment or rotational shift basis.
You will be responsible for deploying DarkVision’s technology in various jobs and well types globally, but primarily focusing on the Canadian market. You will work with various oil and gas operators, service companies, deployments systems, and personnel, and will be personally responsible for the successful execution of each job.
The successful candidate must be a very hard-worker and a self-starter. Also, the ability to travel and spend lots of time in the field is an absolute must in this role. You’ll be supported by our Operations and Engineering teams, but you’ll be the person on-site responsible for the job and communications with the customer.
To make smart decisions, oil and gas operators need a clear picture of the inner workings of their wells. The team at DarkVision makes this happen. Our experts from across the machine vision, medical imaging, aerospace, and computer graphics sectors have worked to create the most technologically advanced platform for downhole diagnostics. Come join our team as we embark on the exciting journey ahead to become the global leader in industrial imaging.
What You Will Do
- Everything & Anything: There will be a wide assortment of standard and not-so-standard tasks that you’ll be expected to complete, both inside and outside the typical field deployment umbrella. The role has an entrepreneurial side so that no task will be either above or beneath you.
- Deployments: Successfully deploy the technology in wells, including mobilization, rig-up, rig-down, communications with site personnel and service companies, and ultimately oversee the deployment of the products in each customer’s well.
- Travel: The successful candidate must be willing and able to travel to international client locations. You will be required to deploy our technology with various oil and gas operators in international regions including (but not limited to) Europe, the Middle East, and the Gulf of Mexico. Travel is a critical component of the job, and a flexible personal life that can support a career where time away from home is the norm is an absolute must. You shouldn’t apply for this job if you don’t want to be out of town.
- Preparation for Jobs: Ensuring that tools, parts, trucks, and critical equipment are checked, cleaned, calibrated, and verified for each job is a natural part of deploying the technology. Taking care of the tools, fixing, cleaning, testing, and refurbishing.
- Communications: Quick, clear, and effective communication with customers, site personnel, and DarkVision staff is your responsibility. This ensures deployments are successful and everyone has the information they need.
- Troubleshooting: Deploying new technology naturally necessitates troubleshooting problems that arise on-site in real-time. You’ll be supported by the engineering and operations teams, but the ability to figure things out quickly, improvise and succeed under pressure will be critical to overall job success. The capacity to both anticipate and solve field problems is paramount.
- Product Input & Feedback: Provide feedback and ideas on improving the product, technology, and operational processes to increase efficiency, quality, and scalability of the overall business. Feedback from the field is critical and will be incorporated directly into the engineering team to improve existing and future products.
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Experience deploying logging technologies using wireline, tractor, coil, or other deployment methods.
- Ability to Travel – there is a significant amount of time away from home travelling and performing work in the field. The successful candidate must be able and willing to perform large amounts of fieldwork sustainably.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Oil Field Service Experience: General experience with downhole equipment, well construction, completions, etc.
- Technical Background: A technical or engineering background would be helpful in better understanding the technology and how it works; however, it is not a hard requirement.
- Technology Enthusiast: DarkVision works on some very new, innovative, and complex technologies. We also leverage all kinds of the latest tools and technologies across our business (we are, after all, a technology company that happens to be in the oil field service business). The desire to learn, play with and embrace new technologies and software systems is part of being a DarkVision employee.
- Career-Focused: If you’re looking to work hard, advance your career, and get paid well while learning about downhole imaging, you’ve come to the right place.
- Communication Skills: The ability to communicate problems, concerns, and discrepancies to stakeholders in a direct but diplomatic way is a natural part of the role.
- Sense of Humor: At DarkVision, we have a casual, funny, and sometimes sarcastic culture. This is not the place for you if you’re easily offended, especially by un-offensive things. If you find this statement offensive, that’s a good litmus test for not-applying.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Who We Are
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a Canada-based tech company disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform. We are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets.
Backed by Koch Industries, one of the world’s largest privately held companies, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products.
We allow employees to work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications. We invite you to join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are four reasons you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries – North America’s largest privately held company, and actively work with top-tier operators across North America.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are launching several new product lines and, as a result, have more than doubled our headcount over the last year.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and recently expanded into a new 52,000 sq ft facility in North Vancouver, BC. We opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded into the US, with offices in Houston and Midland, TX. We are also expanding by opening offices globally.
About Koch Engineered Solutions
Koch Engineered Solutions, part of the Koch Industries family of companies, is a dynamic network of businesses that work together to create an ecosystem of domain expertise. Increasing operational efficiency and safety. Reducing waste and emissions. The manufacturing challenges of today aren’t just about improving performance or practicing environmental stewardship, such as managing water and waste, reducing carbon emissions and increasing energy efficiency. They are about doing both, but better. That’s where you come in. We are a people company. It’s our people who bring the domain expertise and engineered solutions to our customers. Join our ranks and change the world.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Keywords: logging, log, downhole, wireline, ultrasonic, ultrasound, imaging, acoustic, seismic, electromagnetic, magnetic, calipers, measurements, well integrity, well intervention, corrosion analysis, perforation analysis, perf, anomaly detection, cased-hole, CH, cased hole
Opens on External Site