If you are a versatile Electrical Engineer looking to work on industry-leading technology, this could be the role for you! DarkVision is a rapidly expanding industrial imaging company developing next-generation ultrasound tools used to assess critical infrastructure. We are looking for a Senior Electrical or Hardware Engineer to join us. Our Electrical Engineering team works closely with other disciplines to design and develop electronics for tools that work in high-temperature and high-pressure (HPHT) environments.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- PCB layout and schematic capture for high-speed digital, analog, and power supply electronics
- Maintain clear documentation on design & test development using a source control system
- Interface with outside material suppliers, contract manufacturers, and product distributors
- Develop, modify, and maintain firmware
- Hands-on programming and debugging skills for MCU and FPGA
- Complete work assignments in a timely efficient manner with a strong emphasis on technical accuracy
- Hands-on product prototyping
- Test, debug, and modify circuit boards
- Bachelor’s in electrical engineering
- 6+ years of experience in an electrical engineering field
- Strong PCB layout experience working with rigid boards comprising of 8-12+ layers; ideally using Altium Designer
- Experience with component selection and schematic capture
- Understanding PCB fabrication process
- Understanding PCBA assembly process
- Highly competent in soldering and de-soldering
- Experience in component-level debugging and troubleshooting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for documentation creation, discussions, correspondence etc.
- Able to work both in teams and independently
- Working knowledge in designing HDI rigid boards
- Prior experience designing rigid-flex and flex PCBs
- Analog, digital, and power electronics design experience
- Experience in MCU and FPGA, preferably Xilinx
- Experience in C and VHDL
- Experience in software debugging
- Software development experience in Linux environment
- Familiar with I2C, SPI, Memory interface, and Ethernet
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Full benefits package.
- Up to 8 weeks of vacation (Yes, you read that correctly!)
- Flexible work environment.
- Lots of autonomy, exciting work, and industry-leading technology.
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a BC-based tech company disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform. We are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets.
Backed by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in North America, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products.
We provide employees with the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications and invite you to join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are four reasons you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries – North America’s largest privately held company, and actively work with top-tier operators across North America.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully-competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are launching several new product lines and, as a result, have more than doubled our headcount over the last year.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will soon be expanding into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We have recently opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded into the US, with offices in Houston and Midland, TX.