DarkVision is looking for a Data Imaging Analyst to join the team in North Vancouver, BC. This individual will work collaboratively with teammates to analyze high-resolution ultrasound scans of oil and gas wells. You will use the results to create actionable reports, 3D images, detailed models, and quantifiable data to help clients make informed decisions on safe and efficient operations of their multi-million-dollar operating assets.
This position requires 100% on-site work in the North Vancouver office. There will also be an occasional need for additional work hours on evenings or weekends.
This role does not provide sponsorship.
DarkVision’s acoustic imaging technology captures terabytes of high-fidelity data with each run. Our data analysis team plays a critical role in the commercial process by analyzing these massive ultrasound datasets using our proprietary visualization software. They are meticulous, methodical, and thorough in providing customers with critical insights that lead to multi-million-dollar actions.
What You Will Do
- Inspect ultrasound data using our proprietary software to locate features and defects
- Follow detailed processes for preparing datasets and completing analysis
- Measure and assess features in the data, assisted by machine learning/AI generated results
- Generate detailed spreadsheets and plots using MATLAB
- Generate and edit reports
- Generate images, videos, and 3D renderings
- Review and aggregate information from client documents
- Assist in improving workflows and documentation
- Learn and master new types of analysis as DarkVision increases its product offerings
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Ability to work 100% on-site in the North Vancouver office
- Post-secondary degree or diploma (or in the process of earning)
- Experience in a professional work environment (e.g. full-time or part-time work, co-op, internship)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Data analysis and/or visualization experience
- MATLAB experience
- Blender or MeshLab experience
- Image processing experience
- Experience with 3D data
For this role, we anticipate paying $50,000- $75,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Who We Are
As a Koch Engineered Solutions company, DarkVision provides high-resolution acoustic imaging technology that offers significant improvements over existing ultrasonic and other imaging technologies on the market today. We serve customers in a variety of industries, such as public infrastructure, energy and pipelines, power (renewables and conventional), aerospace, manufacturing, automotive and others.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Here are 4 reasons you’ll like working at DarkVision:
• Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries – North America’s largest privately held company and are actively working with top-tier operators across North America.
• ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
• Growing Quickly: We are in the process of launching several new product lines and, as a result, have more than doubled our headcount over the last year.
• Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and have recently moved into a brand new 52,000 sq ft facility in North Vancouver. We have recently opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded into multiple US and overseas offices.
Opens on External Site