DarkVision, a Koch Engineered Solutions company, is looking for multiple talented Software Engineers to help develop our embedded, desktop, and cloud applications. If you love modern C++ and want to learn how to write high-performance data processing, rendering, and image processing code, this is the role for you!
We are looking for smart, fast learners, who are interested in working on a wide variety of technical challenges. We welcome a wide spectrum of experience and expertise (junior, intermediate, and senior) as we will match each role to the candidate’s capabilities, interests, and developmental goals. We like to keep the team engaged by having them work on problems that interest them while continuing to grow their skills and knowledge.
- Develop a 3D data analysis desktop visualization application
- Develop rendering and image processing algorithms using Nvidia CUDA
- Develop data capture and control software for field engineers
- Develop new features for ultrasonic imaging embedded systems
- Develop database components for tracking and analysis
- Develop cloud applications to enable analysis deliverables and machine learning integration
- Optimize algorithms for massive multi-terabyte datasets
- Maintain and extend our growing cloud platform
Opportunities to learn:
- Docker, Web Services, and Database development
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Linux and Windows development
- Network programming and IoT technologies
- Video encoder codecs and pipelines
- Image Processing, Computer Vision, and Graphics Programming
You will be joining our software and hardware engineers to do complete “full-stack” development. From embedded systems to data processing to 3D rendering and cloud services, the Software team at DarkVision plays a central role in everything that happens with our award-winning ultrasound imaging solutions.
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Professional experience writing production level C++ code
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years of experience in modern C++ programming
- Experience developing new features
General Salary Range
For this role, we anticipate paying $80,000 – $150,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary or higher (Top $ for top talent)
- Full benefits package
- Generous vacation allotment
- Flexible work environment with great work-life balance
- Fully equipped on-site gym with squash court, steam room, ice bath, etc.
Who We Are
DarkVision Technologies Inc. is a BC-based tech company that has been disrupting the industrial imaging market since 2013. We have created the world’s most advanced acoustic-based imaging platform and are packaging it into multiple new product lines, revolutionizing how our clients quantify and visualize the integrity of their critical assets. Our primary product line offering provides oil and gas operators intuitive and actionable inspections of their downhole assets with a focus on well integrity and production optimization.
Backed by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in North America, DarkVision’s team of Mechanical, Skunkworks, Electrical, Software, and Machine Learning Engineers is rapidly expanding to meet the demand for the company’s current and upcoming products.
We provide employees the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies that blend science with real-world applications and invite you to join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are four reasons you’ll like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are backed by Koch Industries – North America’s largest privately held company, and actively work with top-tier operators across North America.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people. If you’re an ‘A’ player, you’ll enjoy the intellectually stimulating, challenging and respectfully competitive atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are launching several new product lines and, as a result, have more than doubled our headcount over the last year.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and recently expanded into a 52,000 sq ft facility in Vancouver. We have recently opened a larger Calgary office and have expanded into the US, with offices in Houston and Midland, TX. We are also expanding by opening offices globally.
Koch Engineered Solutions, part of the Koch Industries family of companies, is a dynamic network of businesses that work together to create an ecosystem of domain expertise. Increasing operational efficiency and safety. Reducing waste and emissions. The manufacturing challenges of today aren’t just about improving performance or practicing environmental stewardship, such as managing water and waste, reducing carbon emissions and increasing energy efficiency. They are about doing both, but better. That’s where you come in. We are a people company. It’s our people who bring the domain expertise and engineered solutions to our customers. Join our ranks and change the world.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Keywords: C++, software, engineer, developer, programmer, Linux, embedded, cloud, AWS, docker, web services, windows, data capture, data processing, data visualization, data analysis, rendering, 3D, image processing, computer vision, CUDA
Opens on External Site